Epilogue

"Chevy Baker." Everyone began to cheer as Chevy walked up to get her high school diploma. I looked at Zacky, who was clapping with all his might. Josh sat on his lap, while Auna sat on mine. Dakota sat next to me, clapping. I looked up to see Chevy walk back to her spot, smiling like a crazed woman. 

Once the graduation was over, we walked over and Chevy raced over, and hugged her younger siblings. She stood up and looked at us, smiling. She looked around, and her expression fell. "I called Matt twenty times, nothing. I'm sorry, Chevy." Zacky brushed her head, and sighed. Chevy nodded, and we headed off to the truck. Chevy held onto Auna's hand, as they giggled. 

I was so happy that my daughters were happy, and my son of course. I glanced at Josh, who was leading us to the car. He was already eight years old, while Auna was seven. Dakota was fifteen. They were loving, despite their father statuses. 

We reached the truck, and everyone got in. Chevy and Dakota began to fight for the middle seat in front. Chevy shoved Dakota into me. "Both of you are in trouble if you continue! I will shove both of you into the back, and Josh can sit up front." I snapped, the girls stopped, and Dakota climbed into the back. Chevy smiled at her sister, before climbing in. I got in, and sat down. Once we were all in the truck, we headed off. Zacky leaned over and kissed Chevy's cheek, and Chevy blushed, giggling. 

I smiled, and brushed her head, and glanced at, Auna and Josh were leaning against one another, falling asleep. I giggled, and looked at Dakota, who smiled. "Momma, when we will have our girly day?" She asked, her voice told me she was feeling neglected. 

"Tomorrow. Auna will have to come with, since she's got an appointment." I told her. Dakota nodded and smiled. Chevy looked at me, and cocked her head. "You have dad day. Matt has promised to take you tomorrow, and if he doesn't, he'll have to relinquish all custodial rights." I told her, and Chevy went wide eyed and she sighed. She leaned against me and nestled her on my chest, giggling. I laughed and brushed her head, before we got home. We climbed out of the truck, and Zacky and I took Josh and Auna, and we headed inside. 

I stepped in, and saw Chevy frozen in the middle of the room, Matt stood alone, his wife and two kids were sitting on the couch. Dakota stood by me, holding onto my shirt. Dakota hated Matt for hurting her life, and my life. Chevy walked over to him, and hugged him. Matt looked at Dakota, who quickly scurried behind me. I looked down at Auna, who slept. Matt looked at me, and sighed. 

"Dakota doesn't like me, does she?" I shrugged, and Matt sighed. Chevy smiled, and showed him her diploma. Matt smiled, and kissed her hair. "I have a huge question for you, Chevy. Would you like to move back in with us?" He asked. Chevy looked at him, and stepped back. 

"I'm going to college this fall. I-I was neglected before I came back here! You're two kids are so much more important that me!" She raced over to me, and cried into my shoulder. I narrowed my eyes at Matt who sighed. 

"You win, Faith. You totally win. I'll reliquish my custodial rights. She is eighteen, she is out of school." He breathed, Chevy looked at him, and spat out: good. A smirk came across my lips, and Matt sighed "Let's go, Jessica." He walked out with his wife, and two kids. Chevy walked to her room, and I sighed. I carried Auna to her room she shared with Dakota and Chevy. I laid her down in her bed, and I walked over to the bunkbed, and sat down on the lower bunk, brushing Chevy's back. 

"It'll be alright, you know it'll be alright. Everything will be alright." I smiled, and kissed her hair. She shifted, and wrapped her arms around me, pulling me down with her. I laid down next to her, and she leaned to me. 

"Momma, I need to tell you something." She breathed, I looked at her. "I'm gay." She breathed. I stared at her for a second, before smiling. "You're not mad?" She asked.