Chapter One; Something New.

The draft from my open door made me hiss, snatching the dull, thick covers and pulling them tighter around my body. My tired, clumsy eyes peeked open, immediately closing to protect themselves from the morning sun dreering from behind my curtain. "It's time to get up," My mother mumbled as she walked to my closet, her flowing dress cascading to her ankles. "I just graduated high school, and you're still making get up at the crack of bloody dawn." I snapped, lifting myself from the comfortable mattress. "You need to get a job, Chandler. I'm still picking out your clothes in the morning and you're eighteen." My mother scolded, throwing me a black sweater and tight light skinny jeans. "I get it, I get it. I need to be more independent. I'm talking with Stacy on getting the apartment soon." I reminded, silently dismissing our picked up topic. "Okay, breakfast is ready when you are." She nodded, dismissing herself and shutting my door. I picked up the clothes from the bed, getting up myself. The white IPhone on the table buzzed and blinked making me sigh as I retrieved it.

'Are you awakkeeee?'

'I'm taking it that's a no.'

'When you get this reply to me, I wanna go get some Starbucks.'

I rolled my eyes at my best friend, he's always straight forward; something I've always loved about him.  Irreplacable, I'll give him that.

'I'm up, Lou. Just gimme about an hour, I'll meet you there.x'

I threw the glass phone on my bed, not bothering to wait for a reply. I know he got it, he's one of those big, nerdy phone people who 'Instagram' their food. I threw the black tank top over my head, followed by pulling down the soft shorts passed my ankles. No wonder I'm always cold at night, I live in London and sleep in this stuff. I sighed, pulling the cozy sweater over my head, and struggled slightly to find the arm holes. Once I was finally successful I pulled the light blue skinnys over my legs, jumping and tugging to get them past the round of my ankle.

My phone yet again buzzed multiple times before he finally gave up and called. I sighed, retrieving the phone and answering. "Christ, Lou. What is it that you want." I snapped to the phone, walking to the connected bathroom. "I'm sorry if I want to talk to my best friend of eight years, sue me." I rolled my eyes at how dramatic he is, putting him on speaker and resting the phone on the sink. "It wouldn't be a problem if you only texted once and waited for a reply, twat." I teased, brushing through my dark, chestnut hair. "That's not fair, love, you know you like it when I never leave you alone." "You wonder why you have zero love interests." I almost snorted at my own comment, waiting for my straightener to heat up.

"You'll pay for that later," He sing-songed, his playful tone ravishing. "Anywhore, instead of meeting you, I wanna pick you up." He retorted, and I could picture his eyes crinkling slightly as he smiled widely. "Oh, so you got a car?" I asked, honestly surprised seeing he has zero responsibility. "I did, and you, my lady, will be the first girl to ride in it. How does that make you feel?" "Okay, first of all, I'm almost positive I'll not only be the first, but the last. and second of all, it makes me feel... Disturbed." I teased, dragging the straightener slowly through my hair. "Ouch. Y'know, I was thinking of buying your Starbucks, but now..." He trailed off, leaving me to fill in the blanks. "Okay, okay. You'll have tons of other ladies in there and I feel honored to be the first." "That's my girl."

I snorted, rolling my eyes as I finished the first side of my hair. "You're such a dork." I commented, smiling like a idiot. "I'm your best friend of a dork though." "True," I sighed. "Anyways, I'll see you in thirty. Can't wait to see your new ride." "You'll love it." He admitted before hanging up, and my phone beeped.

I unplugged the straightener once I was finished with it, and moved onto my eyeliner. I lined it all up before 'drawing'. I smiled at my small, casual alignment of an cat eye before moving to mascarra, covering my thick lashes in several coats. My grey eyes, finally, looked finished.

My lips were quickly glossed before I grabbed my phone, sliding it carefully into my back pocket. So fragile. I jogged down the steps, quickly kissing my father and little brother on the cheek.

"What's your plans for today, champ?" My father questioned, watching as I slipped on the black, cozy Uggs. "Lou's taking me out for Starbucks, and then we'll probably just go back to his and hang." He nodded, as my mother scolded. "Can you at least try to look for a job, today?" She nagged, flipping my brother's pancake. "Give her a break, Lane, she just graduated a week ago." My father reminded, and I shot him a look of relief. "Fine, but I don't wanna hear it when all of her friends, including Lou, have moved out from their parents house." "She'll be fine, she's an honour student." She rolled her eyes, continuing to cook, not bothering to reply.

I walked outside to my que of the horn outside my home, and I raised my eyes in surprise.

A volvo, not bad, Lou.

Our eyes met as he rolled down the window, waggling his brows at me. "Getting in, pretty lady. Oh, what's your cost?" He teased, opening the door a bit from inside. I scoffed, grinning as I slammed the door closed once I was settled.

"If I was a prostitute, Lou, I can promise you, I'd cost way more then you could afford."

"I've always liked them sassy."

~^**^~

The Starbucks fluttered with customers, the early morning routine for the shop. I almost groaned as I looked around, seeing no empty seats. The girl at the cash register looked at us, and Lou greedily,  and smacked her blue gum loudly.  Her breasts almost hung out of her crisp white top, and her, obviously dyed blonde, hair fell in waves around them. She was all kinds of fake. Ew."What can I get you?" She snapped at me, and I quietly scoffed. "A white mocha, please." I snapped softly, and she nodded, turning to Louis. She leaned herself over the counter, giving him quite a view, leaving him no imagination. "And for you?" She practically purred. I watched in disgust as his eyes wandered to her open valley. "Uh, a hot chocolate." "Gross." I snorted when she licked her lips. She glared at me, picking herself from the counter. "Names?" She concluded, "Oh, Louis and Chandler." "Got it, baby." Even more gross.

"Why don't you go find us a seat, I'll grab them once their done." Lou mumbled, leaning against the counter.

"You just wanna talk to picky Barbie again." I teased, raising a brow at him. "So? Just... Go get the damn seats." I laughed, winking at him as I turned around, looking for seats to share. Almost all of these people looked miserable and at least twice our age.  My eyes wandered to the corner of the buzzing shop, and I saw a boy. He hunched over his drink, obviously writing. He must be closer to our age than these people.  I tapped his shoulder, which was thickly clothed with a sweater, and he almost immediately turned around. I gave him a grin, to which he only slightly returned. "Hi. I'm Chandler, and that," I pointed to Louis, chatting up his dumb blonde, "Is Louis. As you can see, there isn't any open tables, and I was wondering if we could accompany you?"

He tugged at the hem of his sweater, obviously thinking this all over. Was it really that big of a deal?

"Yeah. Go ahead." He mumbled, and I was almost surprised by his low, thick voice.  I gave him a thankful smile, sliding into the seat across from him. Woah. He's beautiful. His hair was curly, framing his face, his eyes looked dull, a deep, tired green. His lips were lovely, plump and pink. He looked so sad. "What's your name?" I questioned, hunching slightly in my chair to lean on my arms.  "Harry," He mumbled, continuing to write. "Oh. Well, what are you writing?" "I don't think that's any of your concern." I frowned, nodding as I leaned back in my chair.

"Sorry," I almost whispered, looking down at his small book. "It's okay." He concluded, looking up from his book.  "You look beautiful." He almost whispered, and my breath hitched. Was he not just grumpy three seconds ago? "Thanks. You look... Great." I responded, returning the favor shyly. "Thank you." And he, for the first time, gave me a beautiful, genuine grin. He was actually the definition of beauty.

 ***************************************************************************************

YAY! New story! I'm SOOO excited for this one. I hope you are too! I NEED VOTES, OR COMMENTS, AYEE, Pleaseeee? (: