Prologue

The humid air had stuck against the pelts of angry carnivores as they tried their best to not rip the skin off of the teasing herbivores back. Fog had sunken into the hearts of many. The dark shadow of the night hung overhead. The trees were nothing but distant shadows in the darkened terrain. Most of the vicious carnivores were dripping with hunger, their ribs more prominent than their hate for the other species. The herbivores, on the other hand, were plump with the overgrowth of recent vegetation. Farthest from all of them were the omnivores. They were the most ferocious of them all.

"Would you look at that? The foolish carnivores think that they can fight us, eh?" A small, pudgy rabbit cackled. Growling erupted among the ravenous group. Sharp teeth glowed throughout the darkened atmosphere. Usually this would send waves of terror throughout the smaller animals, but they knew better. Or so they thought...

"Go ahead, attack us! You know you can't." A sheep challenged relentlessly. Maybe if they had left them alone, it wouldn't have happened this way. Maybe that sheep would still have it's head attached to its shoulders. But no, this story would not be being told otherwise. The first to lunge as a large black panther. The only thing you could hear was the horrified squeals of the herbivores as they watched their friend be decapitated. One domino fell. Then another...And another...

Weeks later...

A large bison strutted angrily towards the small dawnlight hiding spot, it's horns pointed sharper than a snake's poison-ridden fangs. Inside waited a ferocious lion, growling to itself in disgust at the sight of the animal. "Finally." The lion spat, eyeing the herbivore.

"You called for an agreement?" Sarcasm dripped from his straightened teeth.

"Only for you, Herc." The lion smirked before glaring at the beast. The air lunged down onto their backs, tension quickly rising as their argument continued on throughout daylight.

"You unfairly attacked our pack! Our troops!" The bison snarled.

"You know damn well that your little shits you call "pack" did! They asked for it!" They were getting nowhere but soon agreed on one of the biggest mistakes they could have made. They decided to have a war, but only if they were provoked again. The herbivore leader had to leave early to avoid being eaten alive. I mean, what do you expect?