The beginning

The sun was rising as always in the peaceful land of Equestria. It's first chimes reaching the East side of the kingdom to be followed towards the everfree forest.
Our young mare had woken up hours before the sunrise, hiking on the mountains to reach the frozen North. After a long walk, she managed to arrive at the top of The North Mountain looking at the other side feeling pride and fear mixed together to create some bravery in her journey. A problem was still in place: how to go downhill without slipping and get buried in the deep snow with a chance of suffocating... yet it wasn't going to be a wall to stop her. Thinking of a solution, she eventually managed to see somepony a few miles away. She ran towards the unknown pony who turned out to be Double Diamond.
-Hello princess! What brings you to the frozen North?, away from your family and friends?
-Actually i... She thought of her answer during a few seconds and decided it was better to keep her trip in secrecy between her closed ponies only.
It's just some duties i have to do around here, nothing important... heh
The white stallion nodded in her relief after lying and said: i'm having a break from the village to be alone for a while, just me and my ski sticks.
His last words perked up her ears.
-Speaking of skying, could you give me a ride towards the other side of the mountain please?
-Sure, hop on your highness
She got on top of his back and felt the wind on her face going left and right to avoid rocks and trees.
Arriving there, she thanked Double Diamond and took a deep breath spreading her wings after facing the horizon through the ocean: The adventure starts now.