Chapter 2 - An Awkward Greeting

"OH MY GOSH, WASN'T HE GREAT?" Amanda squeezed my hand real hard, hoping she wouldn't cut my circulation.  I could see herself pushing towards the stage little by little, but I held her back, saving her from embarrassment. 

"Whoa, you can't just go up to him," I said.

She looked at me concerning manner. "What do you mean?"

"Well, you gotta wait for him to come down and try at least to make a decent conversation with him. I have faith in you!" I smiled really hard and grasped her hand tighter than she was grasping mine, making both of our hand's sweat. 

She sighed. "Okay, we'll wait." But smiled back when she was done. 

We walked towards the side of the bar and ordered two drinks. And before we knew it, we were talking and laughing. Thank God she forgot about me going on stage, it would've been awful. More time passed by and I had a feeling she had forgotten about trying to meet Matty. Which I was okay with. I was honestly scared Amanda was going to end up dating, for I know he is such a ladies man. I can get quite jealous, and it's not pretty at all what I can do.

But, sadly, beside me sat down the man I was trying to avoid all night.

"I'll have a whiskey, thank you very much." His voice caught Amanda's attention, and she completely rushed towards him the moment he finished his sentence. 

"Um, hi..." Amanda tried to be a little flirtatious, but I could tell she didn't want to.

He turned towards her, his back facing me. I was just trying to face the back of the bar so I could distract myself while they both chatted for a while.

"Well, hello! How are this evening?" He smirked at her. I didn't see it, but I could tell with the slight giggle Amanda had afterward. 

"Good, and you?"

"Good, thanks for asking." Awkward silence approached. "So, what are you doing today this beautiful evening?"

"Well, I'm actually on a date right now."

"Hmm," he sighed. "Too bad. It would've been a pleasure to spend the night with you tonight. Such a beautiful, young, and kind woman you seem. What a lucky guy you must have."

Oh, that wanted me to punch his pretty face. I tapped his shoulder with my index finger twice, trying to control my anger. He turned around, and I spoke. "Hi, um, yeah, I'm her date. Nice to meet you."

He looked shocked, and blushed a little. "Oh. Mate, I'm so sorry, I thought her boyfriend would've ended up being one of those assholes you find on the streets flirting with every girl."

"You mean a fuckboy?" I raised an eyebrow, making him laugh a little to rub off the awkwardness.

"I guess you could say that. But hey, know I know I don't have to worry about the being of this beautiful woman." He turned back around to Amanda, and she blushed a little, giggling in a flirty way.

"Well, 'mate,' I would appreciate if you would stop hitting on my girl." I was getting furious. And if he kept this up, we would end up bleeding on the floor. I didn't care if he was famous or not. He was a little stick and I wouldn't get a stick get in between my relationship with the woman I loved.

"Whoa! Mate, did you not hear what I said before? Once she told me she was on a date, I told her I would back off. You are one hell of a lucky guy, you know?"

"Okay, glad that's established. I would hate to punch the guy from the band we both like." I pulled down my shirt a little bit.

"Love," Amanda corrected me. "We love your band."

Matty looked stunned. "Well, thank you very much. We appreciate the few fans we have."

I felt a little bit confused. "What do you mean by 'few?' I thought you guys had a ton of them."

He shook his head. "Nah, we have really good fans that dedicate their time to support us. Sure, we keep increasing in an amount of fans every day, little by little. But hey, quality over quantity, right?"

Again, more awkward silence.

"Well, how about a picture?" I suggested, hoping that would finish our uncomfortable situation and he would leave right afterward. 

"Sure, why not?" Amanda and I took out our phones and took a couple of selfies with him together, and a couple individually. "Hey, why don't we all get to hang out sometime soon? I feel bad for being such a flirt, so how about I give you guys some tickets?"

Amanda screamed, but not enough to make our ears bleed. "YES! THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! PLEASE?"

"Yeah, I would give you guys some. Maybe some backstage passes for you to meet the rest."

"Wait, I thought Adam, Ross, and George were here?" I questioned.

Matty looked over, showing a face of slight disappointment. They were all drunk, having a blast within themselves, like a small party. "Yeah, I didn't want to get drunk tonight. I do it so often that I barely remember any nights at times. It's kind of nice to have a night to remember here and there."

"Oh, okay. Well, that's good, I guess..."

"Hey, I'm gonna need your phone numbers so I can send you guys info about the tickets. Is that alright?" He glanced over at Amanda, making her blush again.

"How about I give you just mine. I mean, I'll keep Amanda in touch with all of the information."

Matty nodded, understanding my point of view. "Fair enough." We exchanged phone numbers and waved goodbye.

"Well, that was different." I sighed, finally calmed down.

"You know, you're cute when you get jealous." She smiled up at me.

"Well, I wouldn't call it being jealous. I'm just scared to loose you." I winked at her, making her roll her eyes.

"Wanna go home?" 

"Heck yeah." I put my arm around her and walked to the car. She was about to play more The 1975, but even she realized that I had had enough of them for the day.