Chapter 8 - Warmth

"Well, that was fun!" We spent about 5 hours at a mall I didn't even know was near. I feel so bad for the girls and guys that had to work the night shift. Who even makes a mall and thinks it's a good idea to have it open for twenty-four hours? He was too happy about this too.

"Yeah, I guess so. But man I'm so tired..." My hands were freezing cold, the bits of gray air leaving my mouth.

"Well, where do you plan on staying tonight? Where you lived with here, wasn't that your place?"

I nodded, a bit sad at the thought of what she had done.

"Well, shouldn't you kick her out? I mean, it was your money that was spent there. She has no right to—"

I stopped, wanting to punch his pretty face. "Look, I am not an asshole of any kind. I like to think I can have a little bit of dignity and am a bit of a gentleman. I am not gonna have a woman in the streets just because she made the stupid choice of lying to me for a fucking year. If she would've had a little bit of dignity too, she would've told me before! THAT BITCH!" I sat on the nearest bench, wanting to cry for having brought up the subject one again.

He put down the few bags he had, and sat next to me, feeling a bit awkward. "Sorry, I didn't think you would still be feeling this way... But, you can sleep over my place if you'd like. Each one of us has an independent room. Mine happens to have two queen beds. You could take one if you'd like. We have five more nights—"

I stopped him. "Five more nights? Man, what are you even going to do here anyways?"

"Well, we have a private concert in two days. According to our manager, it's for a man who plans to have a little anniversary gift for his girlfriend. Don't know who it is, but it would be nice if you came. Other fans got some information on it, and only 500 people are able to attend. All tickets already sold out, but we would love you to stick around!"

"Hmm, guess so. I mean, it's winter break, so I won't have anything to do for a while. Just give me the address and time, and I'll be there."

He laughed. "What are you talking about? We are going to go together. You just told me you will be staying over at my—"

"Just for tonight."

"Now don't be bloody stupid! You won't get another place to stay at for a while. You told me you didn't have another place to go. You have five days now. It's not like I mind anyways. Just don't snore, okay?"

I giggled a little bit. "I won't, I promise."

Again, awkward silence cut between us.

"Thank you!" For some reason, I screamed.

"Hm?"

"I mean, I really appreciate you doing this. I mean, you don't have to. I am so sorry I am—"

He put his hand on my shoulder, and for some reason, I felt my cheeks getting a bit warm. "Hey, I don't mind at all. So, how about we go to my place, and you can rant about Amanda as much as you want? Sound good?"

I smiled, filling a little bit warm on the inside, even though I felt like I was getting hypothermia. "Sure."

We waited for the bus no more than ten minutes and got on. We were both tired, but for some reason, I couldn't wait to get there.