Prologue

-Check out my poem:

All I have to say

is that Data is bae.

Okay, I'll let the actual story begin now...

Personal Log: (L/N), (Y/N). Displaying selected logs from every third month.

---It's been three months since I've transferred from what, in my opinion, is the weirdest-named starship ever, the Crazy Horse. I have no idea how that name fits in with other starships, who are named something cool like the Hera or the Enterprise. Talking about the Enterprise, working under Doctor Crusher has been a breeze. She takes care of most of the severe cases, but my ensign rank means I get the easy work. I have to finish some of that now, so (L/N) out.

---It's been half a year already!? Yeesh. Doctor Crusher and I have been working on nothing but science experiments all day. Lucky for me, I got the fun part. I got to put coloring dye in a petri dish. That was literally the highlight of my day. Tomorrow we'll just have to record numbers and stuff, but this experimentation is going by like sludge. (L/N) out.

---Nine months into my career on the Enterprise. I'm glad the experiments are over for now, but I have a sinking feeling in my gut that wasn't the last boring science I'll have to do. I can't believe that it's already almost time for crew promotions. Maybe I can prove myself to my superiors in my next assignment. I've received orders to work with Commander Data. He outranks me, and if I show I'm worthy of making Lieutenant, he can tell Doctor Crusher, who will then recommend me... I have no more time to daydream! I have work to do! Skills to prove! (L/N) out!