Chapter 4

Turtle was awakened by the sound of laughter. He tromped sleepily out of the hole. The sun's light shimmered on the surface of the water. He could see the tales of mermaids as they swam around the lake.

Turtle propelled himself upward and burst onto the ground. Bluebell turned toward him and put a feather to her beak. He looked past her and saw that the other four were still asleep. Leona and Lydia were curled up together at the trunk of a tree. Ellie and Shocks were sprawled out on the sand at the edge of the lake.

After everyone had woken up, they started going around Water World. Bluebell sat on Leona's back since her feet were sore. Turtle looked back and saw her talking with Ellie.

The lake seemed much bigger going around it, and Turtle began to feel tired. The mermaid who had been playing with the fish was peering at them from inside her castle. Turtle felt her eyes on him, and it made him feel uncomfortable.

They were almost around the lake by then. Turtle could see some of the castles on the opposite side of the street. They kept walking.

And then they were in front of the actual street. Mini palaces lined each side. Everyone stopped and stared. On the left, going down, were the sea green castle, a leaf green castle, a yellow castle, a pink castle, and a pink carriage. On the right, going down, were the green and brown castle, a purple castle, a yellow and green castle, a small blue castle, and a bigger blue castle. Behind it was a blue and white carriage.

Bluebell had fluttered off of Leona's back and now stood next to Turtle. After a few moments, she nudged him. "C'mon. Let's go."

They entered the street. It wasn't noisy at all. Everything was so quiet that you might think no one lived there at all. The only sounds were the singing and laughing from the mermaids behind them.

Suddenly, a loud ring shattered the silence. The whole group looked toward the clock at the top of the last blue castle on the right. After the seventh chime, everything was quiet again for a moment. Then, slowly, the street came to life. Windows were opened. Faces looked out. Girls started singing while going about their day. As the six continued, wonderful smells drafted out of a few of the castles. What a marvelous place this was!

A blonde girl wearing a brown and white dress stepped out of the last blue castle on the right. She began shaking out a rug.

"Excuse me!" Bluebell called out. The girl turned her head. Bluebell flew over to her and showed her the leaf. "Will we be able to catch the Squinkie Jet from Fairytale Circle?"

The girl studied the leaf. "I'm not sure. You might have to take an extra flight. Ask her." She pointed to a pink and blue cottage a little ways down on the circle.

Bluebell nodded. "Thank you."

"You're welcome. I'm Cinderella, by the way."

"I'm Bluebell."

Cinderella nodded. "Be seeing you." She replied, going back to shaking the rug out.

They walked out of Magic Street and onto Fairytale Circle, past a small hut to the cottage. Bluebell nudged the bell on a pedestal next to the door. A girl with curly blonde hair wearing a pink and white dress looked out the window briefly and opened the door.

Bluebell was the first to speak. "Hi, I'm Bluebell. Cinderella sent us. Can I get to the Squinkie Jet from here?"

The girl thought for a moment. "When would you want to leave?"

"Tonight, if possible."

"Then you would have to take another flight to Bush Forest and then transfer. However, if you can leave tomorrow, the Squinkie Jet will be landing here tomorrow morning."