chapter 23

third person

Bill watched from above it all. For a second he felt (y/n) try to trap him in a prison again. He wouldn't let that happen, although he wasn't even sure if he ever got out. But he was okay with that now. His deal with Mabel had been fulfilled as far as he was concerned. It was his turn to get a happy ending.

As Dipper and (y/n) pulled apart, and linked arms to walk to the dance, Bill watched. He watched their every move as they walked away from his general sight. He was back in his human body, floating above the world. He had everything he needed to send Gravity Falls into chaos. All he needed was in his hands and he wanted to watch everything burn.

The wind around him picked up its strength and carried itself into the wooden boards of the shack. Only to be pushed away by a mysterious force. Unicorn hair.

*slight time skip*

(y/n) pov

Me and Dippers dance had been cut short by the sounds of war outside the shack. Everyone inside turned to Stanford.

"Its started. Bills brought the dreamscape here."

I had zoned out when I heard Bills name. I never got it out of my head. Now he is back? we had all been preparing for this. We knew something was going on. I was less informed as I spent more time with Wendy then I did Stanford and the twins hunting but all the same I heard things.

"I have to see him!"

"what?! (y/n) no!"

I could hear the protests of my makeshift family as I ran outside to a red tinted sky and utter chaos. I was outside of the protective bubble that had surrounded the Mystery Shack.

"what am I doing?" I scolded myself as I ran through the trees. An uprooted root brought me to my knees as my shoe laces got tangled around the branches. Yanking them off I continued to run, arms and legs now bloody from the fall. My feet screamed at me to stop as the ground stabbed into them but I couldn't control myself.

why was I so excited to see him again?

The conflict between Dipper and Bill that I went through played in my head again and again. I still had no distinctive answer. What I did know was that I wasn't complete without both of them.

I ran until I reached the clearing. The one where everything changed. Hints of my blood still sat in the centre, staining the blades of grass. I walked out to it. that was the last time I cut. sense Bill left that is. I never had to listen to his commands but, when he was with me I felt I needed to. The mark on my side burned as I thought about the pain he inflicted on me. It burned every time he was close in all honesty, but I never said anything. The sting kept me sane almost, and now, the pain reminded me that I was close.

I was about to take off running again when something hit me over the back of the head. I felt my knees give out first, then I felt the grass against my arms, and a sharp pain in my left hip, different from the marks burn. This one was more lethal then painful. I slowly closed my eyes as the pain sunk in, festering within my very being. and that was that.

I awoke to the sound of Dipper and Mabel's voice. They sounded distant, and the heavy sound of machinery clunked and rang in my ears forcing me to stand. I was in an unfamiliar place. Everything was bigger then me and my significance in the universe seemed to shrink with the change of size. That's when I heard the voice I had missed for so long.

"hiya Sword! so good of you to join me!"

My heart skipped a beat as I spun around to see Bill. His arms were extended in an open position and I couldn't help but run into them, engulfing myself in his weirdly familiar warmth.

"Bill... whats going on?"

" Im making a new world Sword. One where I get to play the part I've always wanted to!"

"Bill, what does that mean?" I loosened my grip but his remained firm, as if he was scared I would slip through his grasp.

" It means that my world is coming to yours Sword!"

I covered my ears as the noise from outside travelled inward.

"Let's move to a more... Quiet place to talk. shall we?" Bill extended his hand to me, and I took it, only to be immediately teleported to a new area. It was clean and looked like a house, but the walls were cracked and the stars of a million galaxies passed through the sky visibly as the house lacked a roof, but the furniture was welcoming and felt just as soft as it looked. Bill escorted me to the couch were I sat down, straightening the edges of my dress as I did so.

"I knew you would still look beautiful in that dress."

a blush locked itself onto my cheeks as Bill seated himself within my bubble of space.

"you know (y/n)?"

"yeah?"

"we never finished our week together"

guilt panged in my heart as I realized we didn't. I hate breaking vows, or promises. I'm assuming Bill knows this, hence the topic. all the same I couldn't hold myself back. I had to correct this.

"I'm sorry Bill. you're right. How can I repay you..."

" I don't want much my dear (y/n)" my name rolled off his tongue so perfectly, I grew hesitant to fulfil his request but something kept drawing me in.

"I'll make it up to you. whatever it is. I cant leave this ignored."

"good because neither can I,"

confused I turned to look at him, only to be pushed down onto my back as Bills lips connected with my own. One arm held me down while the other cupped my face. I couldn't resist it. I needed Bill, but Dipper. He was probably in trouble. He needs me. I cant let him die. I have to choose. But for now, I let my mind zone out of focus. right now, Bill was what I needed. Please wait for me Dipper.

When Bill sat back up my entire face had been burned off. He sat with a smug look and I tried to hide my blush.

"(y/n), I want you to rule this new world with me."

"what?!"

" there's a hole in my heart when you're absent from my presence. I don't like the empty feeling of destruction anymore. you however, fill this feeling. you make me feel weird, and I hate being without it, so (y/n), please join me."

I sat in silence. I cant lie to him. he means too much to me.

" I cant leave Dipper"

"what?! Pine tree? that brat. He cant give you half of what I can (y/n). you like me right?"

"yes, bu-"

" BUT WHAT?! WHY DOES PINE TREE ALWAYS HAVE TO WIN. DO I HAVE TO KILL THE TWAT TO FINALLY WIN?"

Bills calm yellow tones now turned to angry red. his familiar blond hair became like the sun and his eyes were filled with so much distaste and pain.

"fine. If thats what I have to do to get my happy ending I'll do it! this could have ended peacefully you know (y/n)! now stay here while I go take care of some business!"

my eyes filled with tears as I watched Bill leave. why? why me?

I'm so done with all this. I need to choose before someone gets hurt. I'm done being the damsel in distress. out reaching my hand I watched my katanas formulate in mid air, thanks to the power of the Dreamscape. I cant let people fix my problems any more. I'm ending this. now.

I'm sorry guys. I have to do this. and with that I focused all my energy on going back to Gravity Falls.

when red skies replaced deep blue ones, I knew I was back. I'm ready for this right?