Chapter 2 • adopted

(Amilia's  p.o.v)

I wake up to my stupid alarm clock going off. Another day in this horrible place. Great. I get up and pick out my outfit. I walk to the bathroom and turn the shower on a get naked. I get in the shower and immediately start shivering because of how cold it was. The showers here never get warm even if I turn the faucet to the hottest setting it can go to. I quickly wash my hair and body and get out. I put my clothes on. A twenty one pilots shirt , high waisted shorts , my converse and a black beanie. I decide to let my naturally straight hair air dry because usually it dries petty fast. I run up to my room. Well.. I call it my room but really I share it with 3 other girls but they don't like me so they never really come in the room when I'm in it. I sit on my bed and put my old earbuds in. They don't really work but hey, they're better than nothing. I put on car radio by twenty one pilots. I love tøp so much and without them I don't know where I would be. I was awoken from my daydream to my door swiftly opening. I turn and see mrs. Benson running into my room and I quickly take my earbuds out and stand up. 'WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN? ITS ADOPTION DAY! GO!'
Oh crap. It's adoption day. I'm late. Oh no. This is not good. Red flag.
'I am so so sorry mrs. Benson. I-'
'I don't wanna hear it!! Go!'
I felt a sharp stinging pain on my face and realized she had just slapped me. I quickly ran down the stairs and got stood next to all the other girls so the potential adopters could see me. I looked around and all the other girls here were in nice colorful dresses and then then there was me. I looked down at the floor and avoid eye contact. I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked up. I saw a bleach blonde headed boy.
'Hi! I'm Michael. And this is Calum Luke and Ashton.  You like twenty one pilots? There cool.' He said.
I liked the way he looked. Most of the people here coming to adopt were so boring. But he looks really cool.
'Yeah. I love them.' I said nervously.
'What's your favorite song?' He asked.
'All of them. But if I had to pick a few it would probably be car radio, migraine, goner, hometown, not today, home town and guns for hands.'
'Oh cool. Tell me about yourself.' He said. I don't know why he's bothering. He's gonna pick someone else.
'Um.. Well my names Amelia and my favorite color is blue , white ,orange and black and I love music , skateboarding and drawing. 'Cool! We're gonna talk to mrs. Benson and we'll be right back.' Calum  said. I nodded my head. They are probably gonna adopt one of those stupid girls with a frilly pink dress. I'll probably never see them again. Don't cry Amelia. Don't cry. I told myself.
*10 minutes later*
I felt a tap on my shoulder again. I looked up and saw Michael. 'We're adopting you!' And that was it. Those were the words that changed my life forever. The people who changed my life forever. Even if I didn't know it then.