Chapter 3: Roomies

"Omg hey girl!" I heard a voice screech as I walked through the white wooden door.

"Hey." I replied uneasy of what to think of think of this girl.

I looked around trying to figure out the room. I turned to see the girl that welcomed me into the room running at me. She had brown hair that was dyed blonde that was flying through the air. She surrounded me in a hug so tight I could barley breathe. Why was this girl hugging me? I've never met her in my life. I guess I should get used to it thought because I was sharing a dorm suite with her. Speaking of the suite thought, I should probably introduce myself with my other 3 roommates. I opened the door to the connecting bedroom to the room I was in now to see all my furniture just the way I set it up 3 weeks ago. I let out a breath of relief when I realized my roommates weren't going to touch my stuff. On the bed across from mine I saw a girl with two long natural brown braids trailing down her back. She had a faux brown fuzzy leather vest on and a bandana with purple and blue peace  signs on it. Her pants were not like any other pair of pants I've seen before. They flared out at the bottom band had embroidered flowers all down the sides of them. Nothing like anything you could buy at Forever 21. She stopped hanging up her canvas paintings to greet me.

"Welcome to our humble abode." She said lighting some sort of in scent with a match.

"Um, I don't think we are allowed to have fires in our dorm." I tried to point out without being rude.

"No one cares about what you think." Another girl stated as she walked out of the connected bathroom.

Her hair was as black as the night, but her eyes were a crystal blue color. She had 4 piercings on her left ear and 5 on her right, but they were all only studs. She had no other facial piercings but she did have a noticeable tattoo on her lower arm. It was a man with flowers and woman standing next to him with a smile on her face. In between them was a child. A girl. She was small, only about 5. I don't know what it symbolizes though. The girl with the jet black hair has now walked into the other bed room with the creepy blonde. She was truly beautiful. Since we still had 4 days before our classes started I had time to make some friends.
"Hey do any of you guys want to go get a coffee with me? I heard the campus has good coffee." I offered to them.

"Sorry, I'm on a caffeine free diet!" Emma, the blonde one, said. "But can you pick me up a red bull when you come back?" She asked in all seriousness.

"Uh, sure." I replied slightly confused. "I'd love a coffee. I'll take a medium iced black." The girl with the black hair said not even peeking up from her phone. "And I expect it to be here in 15 minutes." She added.

I rolled my eyes so far back I was surprised they didn't get stuck in my head. "Can you get me a slightly chilled green chai tea with extra foam, a hint of lime, approximately 1.25 pumps of mango flavor, light whipped cream, 1/10 a cup of orange juice and no sugars?" The girl with the brown hair asked.

"Yeah sure." I replied. Well so much for meeting my roommates. I was walking down the wooden floors to go get the drinks when I heard someone say my name.
"Hey Chloe!" It was Jack.

"Hey!" I said enthusiastically.

"I didn't expect to see you again so soon." He said.

There was a hint of embarrassment in his voice.

"I would have cleaned up a little." He added.

"Don't worry about it." I said with a small giggle.

"But now that I saw you, I'm having a party tonight if you would maybe be interested in coming?" He asked.

"Sure, I'd love to come!" I think I'm actually making a friend.

"Great!" He said with a sigh a relief. "So where are you going?" He asked again.

Was this 20 questions?

"To the cafe down the street, wanna come?" I offered.

"I'd love to!" He responded sliding his arm around my shoulders like last time I saw him.

"Do you always put your arm around people you've barely met?" I joked around with him.

"Only if I think there cute." He replied with a wink. I could feel my face getting redder by the second.

"Oh uh cool." I chuckled.

We chatted as we walked down the street. He told me about his past. He's from a big Spanish family of 3 brothers, 2 sisters, and a half brother. He lived with his step mom and dad in Arizona before he came to Stanford. He has 2 dogs, golden retrievers, Rufus and Lucky, and lastly his girlfriend.