Chapter 2: New Here

He wrapped his huge arm around my shoulders as we walked. I couldn't tell me if I was uncomfortable or just in awe that he was even talking to me. "So this is the... Blah blah blah." Honestly I wasn't listening to a word he was saying because I was to focused on hoping no one here was from my high school.

"So what's your name sunglasses?" He asked with a smirk.

"Well apparently my name is sunglasses." I said smoothly.

"No, your real name." He laughed. "Oh." I said turning red. "It's Chloe, you?"

"Jack, Jack Nathaniel Timothy Kihetler." He responded.

Wow I thought to myself, what a name. "Well this it it." He said as we arrived out of the garage looking up at a big sign with the words "Stanford Academy" written on it. "Well I got to go. New dorm stuff and that kinda crap." He said breaking the silence. He slid his arm off of around my shoulders and started walking away.

"Maybe I'll see you around?" I asked not wanting him to walk away.

"You can count on it." He added with a wink.

I watched him walk away only thinking that I will probably never see him again. That didn't matter right now though, I needed to keep moving forwards in life. I gave the sign one long last look before pushing open the cold glass door, opening a new life for me.