Chapter 5: To His Party

I flung the door open and started throwing things. I tossed the red bull to Emma, threw the black coffee to the black haired girl before running into my room. I sprinted into my room and handed the tea to Felicia, the girl with the brown hair. I started going through the my bags that I brought in a few weeks ago. They had all my clothes in them. I didn't really own anything to head turning. I pulled out a long black pleaded skirt and tossed it to the side. I didn't want to look like a nun. I mean I like nuns but I didn't want to look like one at a college party. You know what they say, first impressions are everything.

I pulled out a pair of denim mineral washed shorts and put them in the "maybe wear" pile. Next I found a old tee shirt. I tossed it to the side. Then I found the most perfect article to wear. It was a short mini golden dress that only went up to about 3 inches above my knees. It was covered in golden sequins and had small thin straps that crossed in the back. I quickly shimmied into the dress the second brown haired girl walked out of the room. She came in about 2 minutes later to see me admiring my self in my full length mirror attached to my closet door.

"Wow Chloe! You look great!" She told me.

"You really think so?" I asked a little unsure if this was to much.

"Chloe, it's perfect, especially if your trying to impress Jack.

We heard him ask if he could go with you to the cafe then we heard him drop you off so I'm guessing it went pretty well." She added with a nice smile.

"Thanks that's just what I needed to hear." I told her really meaning to.

She was right, the dress was amazing, a little tight, by truly amazing. It made me on 18 years old, 105 pounds, 5'4, look like a model. I found a pair of black pumps, that was a gift from Lucy on our 14th birthday, that I slipped on.

I heard a faint knock on my door. It was Emma.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi. Look I know we're not really friends, but I found this gold clutch in my closet, and I thought you might want it." She said as her voice trailed off.

"Wow Emma... It's beautiful." I exclaimed. "Emma thank you so much!" I said scooping her up in a big hug. "And about us not being friends, we can change that. I just moved here and I'm a little jumpy about a new school and everything's going on so fast. But I'd love to be your friend." I told her.

She smiled and her eyes lit up as she said, "Me to Chloe."

I threw eyeliner, lipgloss, Advil, and tissues in the clutch and ran out the door.