Chapter 1 - New Kid

September 14th, 5 years ago -  Portland, Oregon

"Ladies and gentleman, we have landed. Please prepare to exit the plane." The voice says. 

My eyes shudder open. I take one, long breath. I stand up, get my carry-on bags, and walk off the bus. One foot in front of the other, I walked off of the plane. I waited to get my luggage. I stop right before I exit the airport. As I hold on to the straps of my backpack, I sigh. "Here's to year four." I whisper to myself as the automatic doors shut behind me. 

I made my way, by taxis, to The University of Portland. Through the glass I see the beautiful brick buildings with the courtyard separating them. I smiled as I approached campus. I took my bags and carried them with me around campus. I was looking around, taking it in that I was back, here, in hell, when wham! I crashed into someone. I dropped my purse and my tote, only to look over and see the man's books and papers everywhere. 'Dammit, Em,' I think. "I'm so sorry." I apologize, tucking a piece of hair behind my ear. 

"Don't worry lass." I look over to see a man. Can I even describe him as a man? How about a God? His dark, whispy hair was messy, his tan skin complimenting his hair. He was wearing a black leather jacket, leather pants, and yep, leather boots. His face was covered in scruff, the treasure of his crystal-blue eyes catching my attention. My mouth dropped, and before I could recover, he speaks again. "Lass? Everything all right?" He chuckles. God, this man comes with an accent too? He was perfect. 

"Oh, yeah," I laugh, "I'm so sorry, again." 

"Don't worry about it lass." He smirks. 

I look down at his books and his map."Um, are you new?" 

"Yeah," I bashfully look to the side. 

"Where are you from?" 

"Ireland." He looks at me confused. 

"I noticed the accent," he winks. 

"So what year are you?" I ask

"Year four. What about you, lass?"

"Year four as well," I smile. "Here, let me show you around." 

"Thanks, lass. I mean, umm, uh," 

"Emma, Emma Swan." I smile.

"I'm Killian. Killian Jones." Killian. Was this man perfect in every possible way, shape, and form? "And you?" 

He chuckles. "Alright Killian,  welcome to the University of Portland." 

hello wonderful, lovely people of the universe! thanks for stumbling upon this fanfic! please, please, please, make sure to add this story to your reading list so you are notified when this story is updated! comments, votes, and views make writing these fanfics all the more fun 🤗 This story will maybe be updated once or twice a week. 

Stay tuned! 

xoxo, 

em