chapter 10

Kelsea p.o.v.

I woke up already in the car speeding down the highway. I looked at the clock and it was two in the afternoon. I sat up and stretched and looked over to see Das.
"Morning sleeping Beauty " he said.
I smiled "afternoon pookie bear" and then gave him a kiss on his cheek. He starred at me strangely.
"What" i asked.
"Dont call me that" he said. I shook my head and laughed. A few hours past and i was bored. I missed my son as well. I blame myself. I'm supposed to protect him. Im his mother. I took das's hand in mine and held it tight.
His phone began ringing and i answered it. It was one of his friends he worked with. He asked how we were doing and gave us more information about robert.
Apparently he's been stalking me since we came back from on the run. I hung up and looked at Das. He was tense and gripping the steering wheel firmly. I put my hand on his thigh and rubbed it trying to calm him down. It got dark and we pulled over.
"Babe im tired and its late. Best we get some sleep. I love you" Das said and then kissed my head. I tilted my seat down and tried to get comfortable. No luck. I saw Das sleeping and decided to let the dogs out and stretch my legs. I looked around and saw nothing but barren land. I looked down at my stomach, missing my baby bump. I soon felt arms wrap around me. 
"Hey baby, what you doing out here" Das said. I smiled and turned around. "Couldn't sleep, just wanted to stretch my legs. And just thinking how much i miss my baby bump" i told him.  He laughed and nodded his head in agreement.
"You want another baby after all this is over?" He asked me. 
I thought for a moment "maybe". He kissed my lips and held me tight while we watched the dogs play. Soon we went back to the car and i laid in the backseat and soon let sleep take over me. I woke up in a bed and sat up. The sheets slipped down and i realized i was naked.
I shook my head and looked over and saw Das on the computer.  I walked over and wrapped my arms around his neck from behind. He sighed relaxing his whole body. I massaged his shoulders and realized how tense he was.
" why dont we take a hot bubble bath together baby" i said to him. He nodded his head and walked to the bathroom. It was a giant tub. The room was good size too. Guess he got the expensive one. I turned on the water and waited for it to warm up. I added some soap and let the bubbles get bigger.
When it was filled a little over half way i turned it off. I stripped off my clothes and went to go get Das. He was still starring at his computer. I went over and straddled his lap, blocking his view. "Ready for your bath? You need to relax" i told him. He looked at me for a moment.
"Ill relax when our son is home. You will too" he said and kissed my head and picked me up and carried me to the bathroom. He set me in the tub and climbed in behind me. I snuggled my head into his chest and let the warm water relax my muscles. My phone began ringing and groaned. I looked to see who it was and i didnt recognize the number.
I decided to answer anyways. "Hello" i said. There was heavy breathing and then a familiar voice spoke.
"Still on the hunt for your kid? I assure you, you wont find him until i allow you to. For now he's mine" i gasped and Das immediately took the phone from me and got out of the tub.
"Listen you crazy son of a bitch give me my son and i might let you go. Don't and i will find you and i will kill you" Das told him.  I got up and walked over to him and could hear laughing from the phone and then robert hung up. I dried off and climbed in the bed. Just staring, unaware of everything around me. Numb to everything.

Das p.o.v.

I sighed and dried off and put on some boxers. I looked to see babe just staring at the wall.
"Sweetheart?"...."baby?"... i called to her, receiving no answer. I laid with her, keeping her close to me. Making sure she knew she wasn't alone in this. The next day we were back on the road early. Babe still hasnt said a word since last night. I just kept speeding down the road.
Occasionally looking over to her, seeing her looking out the window with a blank stare on her face.  i sighed and looked towards the open road. 
Hours later it was now 3 in the morning. We finally made it to California.
I dropped babe off and the dogs at a hotel and went to a FBI unit that was going to help me find my son. They gave me files on Robert and told me anything i needed to know about the areas he'll most likely be hanging around in. I got back to the hotel and seen babe laying in bed facing the wall. I walked over and put some food i picked up for her on the nightstand beside here. I squated down and kissed her head.
"Baby talk to me please" i asked her. She moved over and pulled me into the bed with her.
"Just hold me" she said. I nodded my head and she laid on me with her head on my chest. I wrapped my arms around her tightly.
"It's not your fault baby. We'll get him back, i promise." I told her. She nodded and my phone began to ring. I picked it up.
"Das here" i said.
"We found Robert's location. Ill text you the address we busting him now" the director of the FBI said then hung up. Me and babe got up. I got my vest on and grabbed my gun and badge. I looked over and seen babe getting dressed.
"Oh no you are not coming its too dangerous. I dont care what you say. You're staying here no if ands or buts. Ill be back" i kissed her and walked to the door.
"Zeus watch her. King lets go" i commanded. I opened the car door and king jumped in. I got in and made my way to the address that was sent to me. I got there and the others were arriving. We got our guns out and surrounded the place. We busted in through the front and back door.
Robert and some other guys with him started shooting at us. We shot back. Bullets firing everywhere. Robert ran outside and me and king went after him. King caught up and sunk his teeth into his arm and pulled him to the ground not letting go.
"WHERE'S MY SON BITCH" i yelled, kicking him in his side. He laughed and then a car drove by and stopped and shot me in my shoulder. They got robert in the car and drove off.
"Son of a bitch" i said holding my shoulder.  The guys ran out and called an ambulance. 
When i got to the hospital, babe arrived 10 minutes after. She ran to me.
"Oh God baby are you okay, my poor baby" she said worryingly and kissing me.
"Im fine babe, its just a scratch no biggie" i told her.  She looked at me like i was crazy.
"You have a bullet in your shoulder and going into surgery to get it out" she said. "Yeah like i said, just a scratch"