Chapter 3

So I am going to start with the first state that was made a state. Delaware.

Delaware's POV

Dad was pacing as he realized what he had done. He had committed treason. He pulled me from the royal family to be with him. He was much better than Arthur. Arthur was cruel and in forgiving. If I went against him he would slap my hand and say, you are a rude and insolent being. But Alfred was much different. He was caring and didn't scold me for everything I did. If I did something wrong he would say, its ok sweetheart, everyone makes mistakes. But as I saw him pace it made my heart sink. He was scared. America was scared.
"Delaware," I turned to loom at him as he spoke, "we will make it I swear." I don't know why he was trying to comfort me. He was the scared one.
"I know father." After we left England he said for me to forget my former life and start anew.
"We need more states." He said bluntly. I nodded and started to write a letter.
"What is this?" He asked.
"The declaration of independence." I started. "If we expect to recruit new states we need to at least let others no we are done with England's cruel ways." He smiled.
"Clever girl." After I finished the letter I let America read it over and approve it. He signed it and mailed it off.

**A few months later**

We finally got a reply back today. The envelope was thick so we knew England had a lot to say.

America opened the envelope in a haste. When he finally got the neatly folded paper out of its confines he started to read out loud.
Dear America,

By you sending this letter to me you are declaring war. As much as I want to prevent this from happening I know you well. You will not stop until you get what you want. You will lose. America I will win you back. You are not ready for your own country and I will show how you are not.

Sincerely,
Arthur

America sighed.
"Just what I thought would happen."