Chapter Fifteen - The Big Finale!

Castiel Novak was nervous. God, had he ever been this nervous in his life before this moment?

No, probably not.

Oh, he was so afraid of messing up.

No, he could do this. He could definitely do this. 

As he looked out the window at everyone that was there, he felt another wave of nervousness pass through him. 

Ellen entered the room and Castiel immediately went to her. 

"Ellen, I can't do this. What if I mess up?"

"So? Dean's gonna marry you anyways. What do you have to be nervous about?"

"Um, mostly my vows. What if Dean doesn't want to marry me if I mess up?" 

Castiel was clearly in distress. Ellen laughed at his silliness, though. 

"Boy, you two have been through everything. There isn't anything that boy would do for you. He loves you. That's why you two are getting married, silly."

Castiel sighed. Ellen was right. He could do this. 

Castiel heard the beginning notes of Sleeping At Last's Turning Pages. It was a song that always made Castiel think of Dean, and somehow, this time, it calmed him down. Ellen had to graciously accepted walking Castiel down the aisle in place of his mother. As he took Ellen's arm, he breathed out a sigh of relief. 

He was finally doing this. 

As they walked ever so slowly out of the house and into the backyard, all Castiel had to do was look at his handsome fiance and his breath left him. 

As they got closer to each other, and the smile on Dean's face widened, Castiel smiled as well. How couldn't he? 

Finally, after what seemed like forever, Ellen placed his hands into Dean's, and the priest got to it. 

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union between these two men..."

When they got to the vows, Castiel nodded to Dean that he could go first. 

"I believe in you, the person you will grow to be and the couple we will be together.

With my whole heart, I take you as my husband, acknowledging and accepting your faults and strengths, as you do mine.

I promise to be faithful and supportive and to always make our family's love and happiness my priority. I will be yours in plenty and in want, in sickness and in health, in failure and in triumph. I will dream with you, celebrate with you and walk beside you through whatever our lives may bring. You are my person—my love and my life, today and always."

This was it. His biggest moment. With shaking hands, Castiel pulled out the notecard that had all his notes. Yet suddenly, he didn't need it, and he dropped it to the ground. 

"You have been my best friend, mentor, playmate, confidant and my greatest challenge. But most importantly, you are the love of my life and you make me happier than I could ever imagine and more loved than I ever thought possible... You have made me a better person, as our love for one another is reflected in the way I live my life. So I am truly blessed to be a part of your life, which as of today becomes our life together."

Both of them had tears in their eyes as the priest finished up and finally said, "I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may now kiss the groom." 

Castiel took the lapels of Dean's tux and pulled him close, not yet kissing him, and then after a breath or two finally pushed their lips together. 

Everyone cheered, for the kiss that followed was passionate and beautiful and wonderful. 

After everything that they had been through, they were finally united. It just goes to show that true love knows no bounds, and through thick and thin, it can last through anything. 

That's it, guys! The end. Thank you so much for everything and all the support and comments and votes. I love you all! It has been an incredible journey that I got to spend with you. 

Lots of love from a crying lesbian!!!!!!!!!

Be kind to one another, and also check out my other Destiel story, A Pretty Thing Called Suicide. It's a high school au. 

I will miss you all so much!