third

My alarm wakes me up at 6:25 am but I roll around in bed for around 10 more minutes, too lazy to get up. I choose to wear ripped jeans and a cropped sweater with some vans. I go to brush my teeth and keep my makeup simple, before letting my hair fall around my shoulders brushing out the knots. I grab my backpack before going downstairs to eat breakfast.

          When I get to the kitchen I see my mom already eating. "Good morning my to my favourite high school senior. I should be back home around 5 and your dad already left for work." , my mom says before kissing my forehead and heading out the door. My mom is a fairly well known dentist in our city and she's worked hard to get to where she is. I grab a piece of toast with peanut butter on it, some cut up mangoes, and some tea in a to-go cup before heading out. It was not ideal to be walking but Sofia had to be at school early for a student council meeting. Many people my age are already driving and I'm stuck walking. I look around and see children excited to start school and smile. They're happy now but they are unaware of the storm coming that is high school. I'm excited as this is my last year but also nervous for university and being separated from the people that I have grown up with.

       I finally reach the school, everyone's hugging like they haven't seen eachother in years. When in reality they met up a week ago.

I walk inside, find my new locker and put my things inside. My phone goes off and it's Sofia texting me to meet her in the gym as she got us seats for the assembly. As I make my way to the gym I stop and get two bags of chips from the vending machine.

"That is so unhealthy." Kim says before waving a low calorie bar in front of my face.

"I honestly don't care now get that garbage out of my face." 

Kim gasps, "This is so good. It's kale and spinach, you should eat this."

Kale and spinach. In a bar. I'm shuddering at the thought.

"Nah, I'm good with these." I throw up a peace sign and continue to make my way to the gym.

"She'll regret it when she gains like a hundred pounds and no one wants to be with her." Paris says to Kim and Vivian. I hear them laugh and the clicks of their heels going the opposite direction. I shake my head, I don't eat junk everyday. But, of course the first time I eat chips in a month she sees me.

"I knew I couldn't be the only one whose nerves they get on." A deep husky voice says from behind me.