Chapter 2

I sigh getting to my paws. I just wanted to swipe him over the nose.. but.. I guys I can't blame him.. "Im coming." I slightly growled, as I pricked my ears.

      Cherrycloud, a red she-cat. Which is the deputy. Padded towards me.

        "Ah, there you are Vipersplash, come, it's time for patrol. Lilacstar says you have recovered."

         Not really. I nodded following her and Ravenshade. I always liked his personality.

           Cherrycloud tells us she's gonna mark the borders and tells us to hunt. We nod as we nose our way through the canopy.

     "How are you coping." Ravenshade meows, breaking the silence.

         I had slight bags under my eyelids. "Fine." I snap. But he could tell I was doing horribly. He rested his tail on my shoulder. "Mmhm, its fine you can tell me, I'm your friend right?" I stiffen, then nod. "Well.. ev-ever since my family was murdered, I couldn't take it anymore. "I'm planning to leave."

        Ravenshade hesitated briefly. "T-then I'll come with you."
He leaned forward nuzzling my muzzle softly. I felt hot under my pelt. "T-thanks, I-I love you Ravenshade." I murmured softly. "I love you too." She softly whispered in my ear.

       We caught 4 fish a mouse and a plump squirrel as we made our way back to camp. Lilacstar eyed us suspiciously as we chatted on our way back.

   Suddenly Lilacstar leapt onto high rock, Cherrycloud on a smaller ledge. "All cats old enough to swim come beneath the high rock for a clan meeting."

    Cats begin gathering at the base of the great rock murmuring to each other as usual.

        "Clan mates I have a announcement to make. Me and Cherrycloud have official declared a new set of mates. All cats eyed each other suspiciously thinking it was them. But they were wrong. "I declare Vipersplash and Ravenshade mates from now on until the end of their age." My eyes widen as it hits me. I could barley here her mouthing the word Vipersplash..