MY KEY TO HOPE

Sam's POV

"Can I please repay you back for not telling my secret to the cops? " he said in a gentle and soft tone.

I was actually startled by his request.

"Uhh- maybe- uhh- can you buy me for 15,000,000 please? I'm not asking much,just this- " I started to stumble with my words.

He took out his check book and a pen. I peeked and saw he was writing something on his check book. He tears off the paper and passes it to me. And there wrote the numbers I wanted to see.

I was shocked. Is he that rich? To just give me the money straight away. He could tell by my expression and broke the silence.

"I know what you're thinking and no, I'm not that rich. " he chuckled and looked at me. "Now you're all mine. Come, let me take you to our home. "

"Wait! I have to give this check to the hospital. " I broke free from his grip on my shoulders. "My-my brother, he's sick and needs this money to help him go through the opperation. And I-I- " I stumbled with my words again.

"Okay then. Hurry up, I'm not a patient man. "

"T- thank you! " I ran as fast as I could to the hospital and gave the money to the doctor. When I finished and walked out of the hospital doors, Charles was standing there leaning on his car waiting for me.

"Let's go. " I said and gave him a warm smile but he averted his gaze. We entered the car and awkward silence fell upon us.

"What is your brother's name? " he said trying to break off the silence.

"Louis. And I have another sister, Lilianna. But we call her Lily. Both are twins. "

"They sound nice. " Charles said and gave a smile.

Yeah. They are ' adorable ', especially when they are together.

"How's so?

"Well, when they are together, they always make a mess. "

"Ohh really? " he started with a small laugh and then stopped.

"We're here. " he said.

I stepped out of the car to realise that the mansion is huge. Two maids came to greet Charles.

"Welcome back sir, Charles. " one of them said with a soft voice.

"Thank you. May I see mother? " he asks.

"Ma'am is upstairs in her room. She too wants to talk with you. " the other maid said as she gave me a stare.

They look so fierce. I thought they were actually gonna be nice to me. I guess they think I have some sort of relationship with Charles.

"Okay, I'll see her and please take care of her. She'll be a maid. " he said and I felt a little dissapointed because he's gonna leave me to see his mom.

"Yes. " both maids said but now facing me.

"Look, don't think you're so close to Charles means you can steal him from us. " one of them said.

"And we'll be keeping an eye on you. " the other said.

...