BEFORE THE DANCE

Sam's POV

I can't believe she did that to me just because she's jealous of me being close to Charles.

"Here, let me help you. " the maid with the plaits took my hand and takes me to Charles.

"T- thank you- uhh- " I said trying to get her name.

"Ashley. " she said.

"Thank you, Ashley. "

"No worries. Uhh- sir Charles! " she shouted and urged him to come here to us.

"What is it that troubles you, ladies? " he asked Ashley and me.

Ashley turns me around so my back is facing him. She explains what had happened and Charles carried me ( bridal style ) to the royal bathroom, or that's what I call it.

"You don't have to do this. I can handle this myself. " I said.

He did'nt say anything and just turned on the shower that's pouring cold, icy water. I shivered when it poured onto my back. He uses a bathing cloth and wipes my back gently.

Oh yeah... the maid uniform makes my back visible. I totally forgot what situation I was in and just thought how stupid I was. Charles is my master and he's doing this? I'm not that important to him right? Then why is he treating me?

"Why are you helping me? " I asked.

"Just be quiet and let me treat you. " he takes a bath towel to wipe my back. "It looks like your back is gonna be fine. No burns are seen. " He takes a bottle that's says lotion, and puts it on my back.

"Thank you. " I bowed deeply to him.

"Get ready for the dance. " he was looking at the floor. Now realizing what he done. His face were bright red.

"Okay. " I bowed and got out of the bathroom.

I rushed to my room and took out the dress with ' glamour ' and wore it. It is a low cut and the waist is a little tight. It revealed all my curves. I wore the long gloves the high heeled shoes that I was saving for a special occasion.

I went to look at the mirror to apply my makeup, tie up my hair and put on a mask, I didn't believe that that was my reflection.

"I look so different. " I said to myself. I went to the royal garden where flowers bloom and then cut some of them to put in vases for the special occasion. I took a rose and put in in my hair.

I tried to avoid any contact with the guest and maids. I saw women wearing gowns and has beautiful, styled hair. Most of them has small tiaras on their heads.

"Welcome to the grand dinner. My name is is Violet and I would like to thank you for coming to this dance. " the mistress I met asking for the three children said in a microphone. Applause filled the hall. Violet puts up her hand to ask them to settle down.

...