THE DANCE

Sam's POV

"Now I introduce you to my family. " the three children I met yesterday are wearing beautiful clothing. "This is my brother Charlie, the twins, Ellen and Ethan. And my beloved mother Kathleen. "

A woman walks into the room with a beautiful gown. She takes the mic from Violet and takes over.

"I thank you for your presence here today. And I would want all the ladies that might be my daughter in law to listen. My son looks similar like Charlie here and he is my oldest son. It is now his turn to take over and he is required his love by his side. And now I introduce to you, Charles Anderson. "

He appeared and looks at the crowd. He is also wearing a mask. The ladies near me were whispering amongst themselves.

"Now let the dance begin! " Violet announced into the mic.

The guest starts to find the other gender to dance to the music. The twins, Ellen and Ethan decided to partner. Charlie and Violet decided to partner too.

I look into Charles' way, only to find him already crowded with many ladies. They were all pretty, wearing heavy makeup and beautiful dresses. But they seem to piss Charles off.

"He looks like he's looking for someone. " some lady said.

"Well, I hope he's looking for me. " another said.

"Ohh look! He's looking right at this direction. " the first one said.

I was standing at the corner when I saw him declining the offer of the ladies and walking in my direction.

"He's walking this way! " the second lady said. They tried fixing their hair and dress. And batt their eyelashes. I couldn't help but think they're just being silly for I know Charles hates that kind of things. He walks near them when the two approach him. Leaning in close onto him.

He gave a apologetic look and walk past them. He then smiles at me. I turn to the back to find nobody was behind me. I realized that all this time, he was looking for me.

"Would you like to dance, m' lady? " he asks reaching out his hand for me to take hold.

"Of corse, sir Charles. I'd love to dance. " I answered with a smile and take hold of his hand as we walk to the dance floor.

The people around us gave us way and continued to look at us.

"They're looking at you. " I said to him.

"No, I think they're looking at you. You're so beautiful. Don't you know that? "

"Why, thank you. " I said. I looked around to find the other women were upset and jealous of me dancing with Charles.

Both of us danced till its time for dinner. My place was supposed to be next to the maids, whom actually hates me so Charles offered a seat next to him.

The feast was splendid. I had a wonderful time. Later, I got ready for bed, getting ready for what's install for me tomorrow.

...