SENIOR YEAR||21

T: hey babe sorry to say this but I won't be able to go to your graduation today the producers decided to start filming again today and we won't have a day off until tomorrow I'm sorry babe love you

ME: oh.... it's okay babe I understand

I put my phone back in my pocket and looked back and my friends. "Why so sad?" (y/f/n) asked. "We are graduating in less than 20 minutes and you are sad?"

"Sorry, it's just... Thomas won't be able to make it. The studio is holding him back because they are starting to film today and won't have a day off until tomorrow." I say with a sigh.

"Oh... I'm sorry, (y/n). I don't mean to sound mean right now, but can you please stop thinking about him just for today and be happy? You can't be sad right now. We need to stay happy for the camera and for our parents." (y/f/n) [2nd friend] said to me.

"You are right, sorry. Now, let's go get to our positions. We only have," I looked at my phone, "5 minutes left before the ceremony begins." I smile back at them and we leave to get into position.

AFTER GRADUATION

"I'm so proud of you!" my mom said to me once we were now allowed to see our parents since Graduation is now over.

"Thanks mom!" I hugged her back and I smiled with tears in my eyes.

"You're welcome! I know that this is your special night and all, but if I were you I'd go and take a lot of pictures because we are going on a special dinner date." She smiled and I nodded my head.

I took a lot of pictures with my friends and to my surprise, we made plans to hang out on Monday. And of course by hang out we mean going to the mall and eating a lot until I can't fit anymore.

I had finished taking pictures and talking to my best friends and it was now time to head to our dinner date. Which I personally think is a weird way to call it that since my parents or family had ever said in my 18 years of living with them.

I walk over to where I last saw them, but they weren't there anymore. Which is odd because they told me that they will stay directly right here, those fuckers lied to me.

"Mr. Chris, have you seen my parents?" he was the only around here as of right now, figured he knew something about them.

"Ah yes, they told me to tell you to meet them in the gym, they had to go to the rest room but all of them were closed but the gym. The janitor was cleaning all the bathrooms and didn't want anyone stepping foot in them until tomorrow." He smiled and I said thank you before I started walking towards the gym.

The door was open, but the only thing was really pulling me off track on finding my parents was that there was music playing. Why would there be music playing in the gym when clearly nobody is in there at this moment?

"Mom? Dad?" I called out for them. I knew it was wrong of me to step in even though I was curious as to why there'd be music playing, but I just really wanted to know where they are.

"Hello? Is there anyone here?" I called out. "Oh shit, why is it so dark in here?"

"Because I made it so dark." a voice that I recognized to badly.

"Thomas?" I looked behind me and I saw him standing there.

"Thomas!" I ran up to him and hugged him so tight. "What are you doing here? I thought you said that you were caught up with the studio?"

"Yeah well it was prank. I just needed you think I wasn't coming so you won't find out about this." Next thing I knew, the lights turned on and everyone I knew and there was even food and a DJ!

"What's all this?" My mouth was wide open and I just kept looking around.

"It's your graduation party. I got permission from the school to stay and have a mini party until one am." He smiled.

"Thank you, babe! Thank you so much!" I gave him a kiss and hugged him so tight.

"Shall we start the party?" He questioned.

"We shall." I smiled back.