Chapter Six

Author's note:
I just got some free time to continue this work since in this semester I've been very busy. This is for you guys my fellow readers. *I know I still have only a few readers, but I'm sure every work experiences the same before fame.*

***

The next day, as planned, Danny, Glen, and I went to a shopping centre. As we arrived there, we headed straight to the bookstore located on the fifth level.

At the bookstore, Glen got lost. I mean, he went by himself exploring the bookstore. Not only did he explore English book shelves, but he also wandered around shelves displaying Indonesian books. I actually also loved books, and Glen and I would probably make a perfect match in terms of book dragons (not worms), but at that time I was not interested in exploring the book shelves since I only brought a little amount of money in order to prevent me from buying new books.

Danny and I went together exploring the whole bookstore. One time we came to comic books, another time we came to shelves displaying music CDs. As we both were fans of the same band, the first albums we looked for were the albums of The Script. I took one No Sound without Silence CD and stared at it for a while. I'd been a fan of the band for five years, but I had not had the chance to buy any of their works because I always needed to pay or purchase other stuffs. Instead, I always enjoyed their works on YouTube and streamed them on Spotify. In case you wonder why I still bought books, it was because I always bought books sold with discounts.

I didn't know how Danny knew about it, but he always seemed to know things. I guessed he was really good in deducing things around him. The following proves his deduction skill.

"Yer want to buy that?" Danny asked.

"Yeah, one day. I'll buy one copy for each work of the band," said I.

"Why don't you purchase one now?"

I shook my head. "No, Dan. I still need to focus on other things." I put the CD back on its place.

"Don't assume I don't understand yer."

It is actually I who didn't understand his words. I looked at him in wonder and my eyes suddenly moved on staring at his right hand which took the same CD I had taken before. He then gave it to me.

"Take it," Danny said.

"You're telling me to..."

"Steal it? No!" Danny said. "I'll buy one for you."

"I'm sorry, Dan, I don't deserve this," said I. I put the CD back on the shelf.

"OK then," said Danny whilst taking it back and walked away. I followed him.

"Why, Dan?" I asked him.

"Yer know wha'? Yer have been a good buddy all this time and I am so grateful for that," he said.