Chapter Twenty-Two : The Baby Meets Dad

The young girl pulled her hood over her head, cradling the baby in her arms. As Ellia begun walking towards her, with her own hood up, she noticed the girls pace increase. It was expected though, Ellia was practically following her mother.

"Excuse me, are you Annailia Dumbledore?" Ellia called, as the girl continued to walk along the muggy streets. Picking up her cape that brushed along the ground, Ellia ran in front of the girl, causing her to stop.

"I'm sorry but I have to be somewhere," The girl insisted, trying to make her way around Ellia.

"I know, I know you are," Ellia said, "You're going to see Severus Snape." The girl looked startled, not because she didn't know what Ellia was saying, but she didn't understand how. The only person she had told was her grandfather. "You share a daughter - Ellia Snape."

"I'm sorry, you seem nice but I really must go," The girl tried to excuse herself, "As you said, Severus will be expecting me and his daughter."

"She takes after her mother," Ellia smiled, looking at the baby in the girls arms. Her eyes were shut, and she was slowly snoring away. Peacefully, probably the only bit of peace in the babies life.

"In what aspect do you mean?" The girl asked Ellia, unaware of her true identity.

"She's beautiful," Ellia smiled, inhaling air as the girl begun to blush.

"Thank you, for your kindness," The girl thanked her, looking down at her baby, "But I must take her to see her father. He'll be overjoyed to see her."

"He will love her for the rest of his life, until his heart stops beating," Ellia said, "He'd risk his life for her." Painful memories flooded Ellia's head, as she watched the girl cradle the baby slowly.

"I have full faith that he will," The girl insisted, "As for you, may I ask who you are?"

"Let's just say I know your daughter, what she is capable of and how she grows up. I know her father, what he's capable of and what he would do for her," Ellia told her, as she looked at her in confusion.

"And me? Do you know of me?" The girl asked Ellia, curious to find out about her future. Ellia couldn't possibly tell her that she has to go undercover, and that in less than 18 months she will be lying 6ft under the ground, and 16 years after that her lover would join her.

"You two raise a well behaved, strong and intelligent girl together, nothing will get in the way of that," Ellia lied, biting her tongue as she watched her mother believe her story. How she wanted to hug the graceful woman who gave her the gift of life, without her she would be a nobody. As she pulled her hood down, Ellia met her eyes, her blue eyes which glistened even with the dead sunlight, and her unnatural brunette locks fell down her shoulders and chest. She was gorgeous, and graceful, and kind and spoke with such a gentle manner. She held herself up with pride, and every minute or so Ellia would be reminded of Albus, who had passed all his good traits and genes down to the youngest Dumbledore.

"That sounds perfect, my little Ellia Snape will grow up to become a confident, independent and intelligent woman who will never let anybody push her down," Annailia cooed at her child, before looking up to Ellia. Annailia spoke some sort of truth about her daughter, yet she would not be able to witness her grow. Her break. Her reform herself. Then break again and try to use a bandaid to repair the damage. Before the bandaid snaps again. She'd never be there for her daughter, never again.

"You are right," Ellia smiled, "But you must go and see her father. I'm sure he'll be intrigued to see her."

"He will," Annailia smiled, starting to walk off before turning around, "Goodbye." Ellia waved to her, as she continued her way up the darkened streets of Spinner's End. She tugged her hood back up, before knocking in the door of the house which would become Ellia's home. As the door opened, and the girl walked inside, Ellia turned around to face Draco, his own hood concealing his identity.