Ch. 2 The New Member

I woke up on a stiff, uncomfortable bed in a dark room. A quick look around the room and as far as I could see, I was alone. As I rubbed my eyes, I sat up and yawned. Then I looked around the room again, trying to find clues as to where I was. "Where am I..." The lights flick on and the door opens. There stands a man with orange hair and strange purple eyes with rings in them. He's also covered in piercings. "Hello Miu." My eyes widen. "H-how do you know my name?!" His eyes stare unblinkingly at me. "That is none of your concern." He takes a few steps towards me and I scoot backwards on the bed. "I have a proposal for you. Join the Akatsuki, and we won't have to kill you." I jump back and almost fall off the bed. So I have to join this organization or I'll die?! Well that's pretty extreme. I really don't have much of a choice, do I? "Alright. I will join." I nod. "Good. Konan, your turn." I look at the doorway as another person comes in. This one is a girl, probably Konan. She comes up to me slowly, poker-faced. Her dark blue hair is up and placed in it is a paper flower. It's very pretty, even though it is just made of paper. The way she walks up to me is very intimidating. She comes up to the bed and stares deeply at me. After a few seconds of staring, she holds out a bouquet of paper flowers. "Welcome to the Akatsuki." Her face still shows no emotion as she hands me the bouquet. I take them, "Thank you. These are really pretty." Konan smiles a little. "Well, follow me." She turns away from me and walks to the door. I jump off of the bed and hurry after Konan. We walk down a lot of corridors until she stops in front of a door. She opens the door, then looks back at me. "This is your room." I walk into the room, it's dark and dingy, but, with some improvising, it could work. Setting down the bouquet, I spot a cloak laying on the bed. It was the same cloak that those guys who kidnapped me were wearing, and Konan and the ginger guy with all the piercings were wearing them too. Lifting up the cloak, I see that it's kinda heavy and has a lot of pockets, probably for kunai and shuriken and stuff. I slide my arms into the sleeves and put it on. "So Konan, what is this Akatsuki thing anyway?" I look over at her and she was already looking at me. "We are an organization that is aiming to create a new world. I'm a bit suprised that you haven't heard of us." I walk towards her. "Well, I lived a pretty sheltered life... So, is there anything else you want to show me?" She motions for me to follow her. She leads me down more corridors and we enter what looks like a living area. Sitting in the room are a few men. Motioning to them, Konan lists them off. "Itachi Uchiha from the Leaf, Sasori of the Red Sand, Deidara from the Stone, and Kisame Hoshigaki from the Mist." I know him. He's one of the Seven Ninja Swordsman of my village, and the Tailless Tailed Beast. The guys all look at me, Sasori only for a second before looking back at his little puppet. "This is Miu Senju, she's also from the Mist." Kisame looks at me as if trying to remember something. "Your name sounds familiar," he said whilst scratching his chin. "What was it that you did? It was something pretty big, I think." I looked at him a little wide-eyed and put up my hands, not wanting to remember my past. "I don't know what you're talking about, I haven't done anything big!" Kisame sighs, "This is gonna bug me now." I look down at my feet. "Sorry." Looking back up, I see him smile and say, "It's alright, I'll figure it out sooner or later." I suddenly hear what sounds like a stampede coming down the hall. "SENPAIIIIII!!!" A cloud of dust appears before me and I hear a shout. "GET OFF OF ME YOU IDIOT, UN!!" The dust clears and I find Deidara being smothered by this guy with a swirly mask. "TOBI MISSED YOU, DEIDARA SENPAI!!" Konan looks over at me and motions to the guy with the mask, "This is Tobi." Tobi looks up at Konan and then over to me. "Hn? Who is that?" Konan looks back at him. "This is the new member, Miu Senju." He jumps up and comes to me. "Hi! Tobi's name is Tobi!" I smile up at him. "Nice to meet you Tobi! I'm Miu!" He seems nice. "Tobi likes you, Miu-chan!" He hugs me tightly, lifting me up off of the ground. I feel like my life is being squeezed out of me. "I like you, too. I also like being able to breathe," I manage to choke out. He sets me down and scratches his head. "Sorry, Miu-chan!" I giggle, "It's alright." Suddenly, a loud voice comes down from the hall. "Oi fuckers, I'm back!" Almost everyone in the room sighs and Kisame mutters, "The Zombie Combo are back." Down the hall comes the two guys that kidnapped me, "You've already met these two. They are Hidan and Kakuzu." Hidan looks at me in disgust. "Oh, it's this bitch again." I glare up at him angrily. "Excuse me?" He smirks, "You heard what I said." Konan grabs my arm lightly, "Don't let him get to you." I turn to her and nod. "Is he always like that?" She sighs, "Unfortunately, yes." Hidan shouts over me, "WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?!" I giggle at his question. Kakuzu says nothing as he walks past me reading a newspaper and disappears down another hall. "Miu, I'll show you back to your room." Smiling, I follow Konan back through the endless halls and ask a few questions on the way. "So, who was that red-headed guy?" I ask as we stop in front of my door. "He is the leader of this organization." She opens my door. "Oh. Well, thanks for taking me back to my room." While I walk into my room, Konan tells me about what we will be doing tomorrow. "You need to get some sleep. We will be explaining some of your duties and assigning you on your first mission tomorrow, so you'll need to rest up." I look to her and nod. "Alright, I will." She grabs the door handle to close my door. "Goodnight, Miu." Taking off my cloak and folding it, I smile back at her and sit down on my bed. "Goodnight."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

INITIATE 2nd CHAPTER COMPLETION. I know, this took awhile, but here it is!

Your reading is appreciated!

~Miu_Senju