Part 9

*Rajiv's pov continues*

"Bhoomi........"I screamed as I ran towards her.
I picked her up and took her under the shade of a nearby tree on the roadside.I made her lie down on the tender grass while her head rested on my lap.
"oh god ....bhoomi....kya hogya tumhe...ankhe kholo.."I got teary eyed
I pulled the waterbottle out of my bagpack and sprinkled a few drops on her face but she didn't respond.This made my heart beat stop.
"oh god..this is all my fault!!bhoomi open ur eyes!!please!!Aankhe kholo tum jo bologi mein karunga...bas ek baar aankhe kholo.."I cried blaming myself for her state.
"promise"a voice came
"pakkawala" I replied involuntarily and the next moment I regretted it.
bhoomi opened her eyes and giggled as she raised from my lap.
this made me immensely angry!! "ye kya tha bhoomi!!"I shouted
"kuch nahi ..tum maan nahi rahe the toh socha apna talent dikha dun"she winked
"abhi uth gyi ho toh chalo" I pulled her hand while she resisted."nahi tumne jo promise kiya tha pura karo pehle.."
"oohk!! what do u want me to do?"I asked
"pick me up and walk for a while.pair bahut dukh rahe h" she grinned lambishly
"no way!!!!!!"I denied straight away..
"but u said u will do whatever I want...tumne promise kiya tha!!"she made a grumpy face
"agar tum apna promise todoge toh tumhari shaadi chudail se hogi!!"she tried to threaten me
"oh yeah.."I raised my eyebrows "ridiculous!!toh fir yeh batao agar mein promise pura karu toh kya hoga?? "I questioned her childish theory
"pura karoge toh ....toh...tumhe meri wishes milegi aur tumhari shaddi ussise hogi jisse tum pyar karoge... "she sticked her tongue out
"toh yeh lo..."I picked her up in my arms and took a few steps saying "ho gya pura promise.."
and dropped her carelessly she hit the ground with a cry "maaaa"
she raised and sat on the ground for a few minutes holding her arms..
"bas bahot ho gya tumhara drama mein firse nahi fasunga.....ab chalo.."I pulled her left arm and a tear drop escapes her eyes.I realised my hand felt wet
I found her arms were bleeding.
I turned her hand to find that due to her fall she landed on her hands and knees on the stony road.her glass bangles broke and those pieces pierced and penetrated deep into both her hands.thus,severely bleeding!!
I said nothing for a moment and then started to pull those pieces from her delicate hands.I washed her wounds n dressed her wounds with a torn piece of my new hankee which I tore for the same purpose.
**************************
*pov ends*
**************************
*Bhoomi's pov*
I was in pain but astonishment overcame it as Rajiv,the jerk,showed so much concern for me!!he dressed my wounds with so much care.
Although he didn't speak a word but I felt how sorry he was.I didn't say anything as well coz for the first tym since we met he was silent.I didn't even taunt him.silence became the medium.he finished my firstaid.
"Ab thik ho???"he asked in soft and gentle tone.and I nodded in a yes.
"chale???"he asked me and I nodded yet again.but as I tried to stand,my ankle felt a terrible jitter of pain and I fell but he didn't let me hit the ground this tym.
he caught me and picked me up in his arms with both our bags dangling on his shoulders.his gesture touched my heart.
he walked like this for 30 minutes or so.and those were the best 30 minutes of my life..why????well ....honestly I don't know the reason but I felt a strange peace...a strange happiness in his arms..
soon a truck stopped by our side and the driver a punjabi man in his mid thirties..peeped out the window!!
he flashed a satisfactory smile seeing us,"paaji..thake huve lagande ho...lift chahida aapnu. .??"he offered
"haan "I quipped
we both got on the truck.first,me,I was lifted and placed on the seat like statue made of glass..(handled with atmost care )
then rajiv settled himself.
we both were mum for the next few minutes after the truck started moving!!
After throwing a few confused glares at us.the curious truck driver finally asked,"kyu bhabhiji ladai hui hai kya???aap dono na lada mat karo aap dono saath me badde shone lagde ho.."he chirped
we both looked at each other in shock!!he thinks us to be a married couple?????
rajiv wanted to clear his misconception"paaji ye meri biwi nahi hai..."
"matlab????"the truck driver's smile faded away
I sensed his alarm so I interfered "matlab.....ki...mein inki..inki biwi nahi hu...jaan hu....bahut pyar karte h na mjhse isliye..."I grinned leaning over Rajiv's shoulder,while he glared at me with a blank expression,I pinched him,"ouchh...haaan haaanji... bahut pyar bahut pyaar ..."he nods rubbing his shoulder where I just nailed.
"haanji...bhabhiji aap loganu kitthe jaana hai..itthe chaadu aap loganu?? "the driver asked
"bus stop par utaar dijiyega..."I smiled adding,"hume nainitaal jaana hai.."
"uhuuu!!lagta hai navi navi shaadi huvi hai!! tabhi toh honeymoon shaneymoon ...."he winked,while both of us grinned idiotically at his stupid assumptions!and me still glued to rajiv's shoulder  !
"bhagwanji..kasamse kya kya papad belne padte h lift ke liye!!log gadhe ko baap bnate h mjhe pati bannana pad raha h"I murmered while the truck driver was busy in his own story telling..
"yaah yaah same here" rajiv pouted but this tym a cute smile also crept on his lips to my surprise