Prologue

Earth. When I think about Earth, I remember nature, grass, large bodies of water, and different layers of the atmosphere. Humans inhabiting the planet, living in peace and harmony, being governed by people who can effectively raise the economy, or so I thought.

Ever since President Duncan was elected as Earth's President, he shifted the world's effort mainly on Science and Research. Sector A, along with the support of the World Government, funded an enormous research facility located in Jurisdiction A1. They gathered renowned scientists and researchers from all over the world to participate in this long-term research.

The World Government didn't give the research facility a particular name thus, people referred to it as "The Facility". The Facility uses a lot of our natural resources. Some people didn't like it, but they couldn't do anything since the Government was taking control. It went on like that for five years, along with the publication of their numerous ground-breaking experiments.

Even though they found all sorts of useful stuff, the dangerous and unethical ones were kept in the dark. Widespread rumors said that they mutated different kinds of dangerous monsters, some by using humans as their experiment. Sector A denied these claims, however some still stood tall with their beliefs. After several broken beakers, laboratory accidents and deaths, they finally discovered something that broke the law of nature: Project "Athanatos".

Athanatos left multiple scientists from all over the world in awe, since the project allowed people to see their life's exact duration. Even President Duncan was astonished of the scientific breakthrough that they had, and funded it even more just to make it bigger.

The Facility shared it to every health institution, ordering them to put the time of death on any part of an infant. Even if some professionals were against it, they had their hands tied. The facility made a specialized permanent ink, to mark the infants with the time of their deaths. The doctors agreed, as by the request of The Facility, to mark them on their wrists.

3045 marked the beginning of the implementation, and they continued doing it as time passed. Some people tried mass protests and government revolts, but it was all responded by bloodshed. The World Government didn't seem to care about the lives lost, for the sake of the success of the experiment.

The armed forces were given the power to kill anyone who opposes the law. Fear struck the people's hearts, and were forced to hide their dissent.

The gods weren't particularly fond of this breach on nature's balance, so they took action.

December 13, 3067, the world was faced with multiple deaths of government workers, along facility scientists and researchers. Earth was perplexed with the situation. They thought of it as a virus, but no pathogens were identified. All they know next is that they got a message from the Earth's Space Research Facility, saying that the planet was in a different solar system just that day. This message was widely broadcast, and it made the people's worries erect. They later on released data, saying that Mars wasn't present in the system, the Sun was smaller and the Earth had two moons.

President Duncan didn't like what was happening, and decided to go silent as The Facility continued implementing the project. 

Five years have passed, and it's now Year 3072.