Chapter 2: The Council

President: Montereal, Acacia Freya

Vice President: Fukui, Akio

Secretary: Realonda, Daisy Medea

Treasurer: Isolde, Edelweiss

Officer of External Affairs: Faulkner Primrose

The names of the officers were written beautifully on the whiteboard by the Secretary, Daisy, a while earlier.

"Now that we have the officers, let’s discuss about the first school wide event you will encounter, the Acquaintance Party."

Kleio was in front of the whiteboard, writing the major events of the Acquaintance Party.

> Showcase Exhibit

> Cosplay Event

> Party

 She then began to explain each while pointing at the whiteboard.

"The Showcase Exhibit, or 'Specialty Exhibit' as it is called by the students, is the opener of the Acquaintance party. It showcases the 'specialty' of each course in response to the event's specific 'theme'. Each section will be required to produce something to represent them and, in your case, you need to create a painting, a sculpture, a mixture of medium, well about anything you can put your mind into. We will be discussing more about this later on."

Kleio stopped to look if her students were still listening.

Everybody except Lea was paying attention (how hard they were trying differed from person to person) which was only natural. She continued her explanation with the next item written on the board.

"Next would be the popular Cosplay Event. The first portion requires that two representatives from each course, one male, one female, both to be selected by the division level officers. This part of the event is without regard to the overall event's theme. During this part of the Cosplay Event, there would be a 'surprise contest criteria' that differs year by year. It only gets known by the participants, as well as the rest of the student body, if it is about to occur, that is why it is called a 'surprise contest’. Last year's contest was a swimsuit competition wherein, from a wardrobe of swimsuits, the participants can choose whatever they think would suit them best."

Reactions around the room were in the range of 'how interesting' to 'is that so'. Nevertheless, the room was quite noisy.

Yet Kleio chose to view this as within normal expectations and continued her explanation.

"The second portion of the Cosplay Event is the 'audience's chance to shine' part. A male and a female, both from the audience, will be chosen to receive prizes. Of course, the ones who stand out from the crowd the most will be the ones to garner the honor of joining the winners of the first portion of the Cosplay Event on stage. With that said, everyone is encouraged to cosplay during the Acquaintance Party."

The room became more excited and unruly (even Lea became interested) upon hearing that anyone could cosplay for the event.

Akio, on the other hand, could only think of how he was going to look for his childhood friend Yana.

He was in the rear end of the room so his expressions were unnoticed by his classmates while Kleio chose to ignore this.

"The last part of the Acquaintance party, promotes to let the students to meet with other students, hence accomplishing its purpose. Now, let’s get back to the Showcase Exhibit."

The classroom quieted down a bit to hear Kleio better as she was about to discuss the Showcase Exhibit part of the event.

Kleio scanned the room, looking from her left to her right.