02

Liza and I sat in silence for what seemed like hours. I decided to finally say something.
   "So, um, I really enjoy your vines. Your puns are hilarious. How do you come up with them?""
   Liza smiled. "They just come to me. It's one of the only things I'm good at."
   I stared at her. There has to be tons more that she's good at. I mean, she's insanely gorgeous and awfully nice. I love her attitude. I love her big brown eyes and her laugh. I can tell she has a lot of talent.
   "Impossible! You're probably great at so many things! You just have to try new things," I suggested.
   She shook her head. "I'm not one for change. If I try something new and realise that I'm good at it, I'll be scared. I can't just change up my life like that."
   "What? You lost me. How does finding new talents really change anything?"
   Sighing, she replied, "You don't get it, David. I just rather stick to my puns and my Vine career."
   I nodded.
    We fell into complete silence once again, and I felt as if I was blowing it. I had to think of something before Liza thinks I'm a total loser.
   Liza said, "Want to go for froyo? I really want some."
   This was my chance. We could go, and I could pay.
   "Hell yeah, let's go."
---
   We made it to the frozen yogurt shop, and we both got out the car. Liza began to act like a complete toddler as she ran to the entrance, giggling and telling me to hurry.
   I laughed and put my hands in the front pockets of my jeans as I went up to the entrance to open it for her. I opened it, letting her in front of me. She smiled and stumbled in, waiting for me.
   It was a self serve frozen yogurt shop. I was planning to try and be all nice and get the stuff for her, but I guess not.
   She ran quickly to to yogurt machines and began to serve herself to as much yogurt as she wanted. I didn't want too much, so I filled my cup halt way with strawberry and some weird dragonfruit tart yogurt. I put a couple strawberries on top as well as gummy bears because I was in the mood.
   I looked over at Liza's, and I could tell that she really enjoyed making her cup look very appealing. It was set up as one of those aesthetically pleasing photos you would see on Tumblr with some deep caption to it.
   I could see that it was topped with strawberries as well, so I knew right then and there that we had something in common.
   Liza placed her yogurt on the weighing station, and I put mine on as well.
   She went through her purse to grab her wallet, but I grabbed a hold of her hand. "It's on me."
   "David, don't. I have the money. It's not a lot."
    I smiled, "Well, it's not a date if I let you pay."
   I pulled out my wallet and grabbed out my credit card.
   "That will be fifteen dollars and seventy eight cents," the cashier said as I handed over my card.
   She swiped my card, handing it back to me as she grabbed Liza and I two pink spoons. I took them for her, smiling to say thanks and handed one to Liza.
   Liza and I walked over to a small booth in the corner of the shop. I let her sit down first, and I sat across from her.
   "When did I ever say this was a date, dork?"
   I chuckled, getting a spoonful of yogurt. "Well, you didn't, but I did. Even if you don't want it to be one, I'm going to think of it as one."
   She looked up at me, a little bit of yogurt already began to drip down her chin. "Why?"
   "Because," I replied, leaning over the table. "I like you."
   I used my thumb to wipe away the yogurt on her chin, and I saw her eyes turn a light shade of pink and the corners of her mouth raised.
   "Tell me about yourself," I said.