07

i'm writing this on my laptop, so if this looks weird, i'm sorry. i'll fix it when i get my phone back!!

---------

   I sat in my car, my hands clutching the steering wheel. I was nervous. I could feel it in my stomach. I didn't want to rush anything, but I couldn't just keep it in. We hung out once, and we kissed. It felt magical, and my whole world changed.

   The keys weren't in the ignition yet, and I could feel it getting hotter and hotter in the car. I jammed them in and turned my car on. The air conditioning was warm, but it was better than nothing. It took about ten minutes to start blowing out cold, and sometimes, it didn't even work. I wasn't making too much money off of YouTube at the moment, so I didn't have enough money to get a new car.

   I pressed my head against the cool steering wheel as I inhaled deeply.

   "I should just get this over with," I muttered to myself. "Don't be a dumb ass."

   I rolled my eyes. I was so good at giving myself motivation. I began to back out of the parking spot and drove out of the parking garage. I just needed to drive around to make up my mind, even though that's only something that helps in the movies. They all just drive until they end up at some place where they meet someone who gives them the world's best advice and never hear from them again. Maybe I would try that.

   I drove around empty streets and stared straight out the windshield. No music was playing in the car, and I had left myself alone with my thoughts. I was thinking about the Drake and Josh theme song, but the thought of Liza was still in the back of my head. How was I going to tell her? How is she going to take it? Will she want to continue to go on dates? Would she even want to be with a person like me? I wouldn't want to be with a person like me.

   I wasn't paying too much attention to where I was going, and I finally shook away the thoughts. I looked around and realized that this was Liza's apartment complex. What a great place to end up! I looked out the driver's seat window to see a small person with a camera. Liza. I hate my luck.

   Liza noticed me and started to head towards my car. I sighed as I carefully rolled down the window to greet her.

   I heard her chuckle. "Hey! Why are you here?"

   I grinned awkwardly as I replied, "Oh, just driving around and ended up here."

   "Sorry about the camera! I'm filming a video. I don't know what just yet, but it sure is dumb. People will sure love to laugh at it... or at least at me!" she exclaimed. 

   She had the sweetest smile plastered on her face. I loved how happy YouTube made her. She deserved so much.

   "Well, I'm sure it will be great. I mean, you're making it after all," I approved.

   She smiled again. "Come hang out with me!"

   I parked my car, and Liza followed me. I got out of my car, locking it behind me. She grabbed my rough hands inside of her fragile ones. They felt so warm, and I felt a rush of comfort shoot through me. She led me up to her apartment, her hand still in mine. She let it go to unlock her door before grabbing it again to drag me inside.

   "Sit down on the couch. I'm going to grab us waters, and you can't say no," she offered.

   I laughed at her as she left the room. She was adorable when she walked. She looked like a small penguin.

   I sat down on her white couch, making myself comfortable as fast I could. I was going to tell her how I felt before we continued throughout the day. The comfort I was feeling instantly went away as I became anxious. I was scared of what she would say, if she would reject me. The thoughts rushed into my head like a river.

   She came back into the room, two water bottles in head. She tossed one at me, and it landed in my lap. Its coldness didn't feel good at all, and I could feel everything going numb. Maybe this would make my whole body numb so I couldn't feel the pain of the rejection that I felt was coming, even though it doesn't work that way. I grabbed it and unscrewed the lid before pressing it to my lips.

   "Want to tell me why you're really here?" she questioned as she looked in my direction.

   Oh god, I thought, she can probably smell the nervousness radiating off of me. I grinned and sat there in an awkward silence for a bit before answering. "I needed to tell you something actually. I probably should before I chicken out and never tell you."

   Her face had an expression that made it seem like she knew where I was headed with all of this. Maybe it wouldn't be so hard to tell her after.

   As soon as I opened my mouth to speak, it felt as if I forgotten how to speak. I was choked up. The words that I were meant to use seemed to not exist as I had lost them.

   "Well," she insisted. "Tell me."

   I took a deep breath and locked eyes with the beauty that was sitting across from me in a small white chair. Her brown eyes brought a sense of calmness over me. They gave me access to her heart.