Morning

In my sleep, I was transported to my dreamscape. It is similar to mindscape, but it is more focused on what and who I am as a person and less about my parentage. There was a new section in one space I noticed. It was new growth. A beam of sunlight displayed it. I knew it was because me finally having life security. I had hope for the future.

My dreamscape shifted to my mindscape. I saw my father smiling to a woman in his arms. I could see her. She had the same simple, elegant, winding curves, same as mine, with a cascading waterfall of brown and golden-caramel hair falling down to hips. There were little white and pink flowers embedded in the wavy locks. Her dress was midnight blue and had golden threads swaying to the end of the dress from a belt around her waist.

My father looked up at me with soft eyes I'd never seen on him before and said, "In the morning, there will be a package for you at the door." He looked down at the woman's, my mother, face, which I still couldn't see, and said, "And a bigger surprise in the afternoon."

========

I awoke the next morning with Tulip sitting on my bed and Levan sleepily leaning against the wall, using his fist to cover a yawn. They had a birthday muffin complete with a mortal birthday candle sitting on tray beside with bed alongside a glass of grape juice and a cup of oats and blueberry yogurt. I smiled. This was my family forever and fro always.

Levan walked closer to the bed and knelt between Tulip and I. "Good morning, beautiful. And a happy birthday to you," he said happily, kissing my hand and setting in back down again onto the bed.

There was a knock that sounded from the front door. Tulip stood kissed my forehead and went to answer it. Levan laid his head against my bed and smiled up at me. He closed his eyes, and I stuck my fingers into his mass of golden curls. I was smiling with half-closed when Levan opened his eyes and move to sit on my bed. He rested my hand in his lap and fiddled with it. He pulled a leather poach tied with a string. From it he pulled out a small sliver ring with a blue diamond stud in the middle, matching the one on the necklace. I found out later it was from the head of an arrow found stuck in the basket I was found in.

Levan took my hand and kissed. Slipping the circlet on my left ring finger he said, "Thorn, I truly love. And will forever and ever, no matter what." He looked straight into my eyes, and then softened his glance, "I thought it was time for you to have a real engagement ring."

I blushed a little and then turned to the door where Tulip was watching and holding a box. "Levan, I think you should go get ready. Your guest will be arriving at any time now." He got up to leave and Tulip took his place. She set the box in between us. "You'll never guess who brought this box." She held out a card, the same shade as the box.

I opened the card which read,

To my dearest Thorn,

I wore this dress the day I told your grandparents about your father and me, and you. It is infused with confidence and luck. I hope it rubs off on you today. That's why I had it sent with Hermes.

Don't worry about the size. I had Aphrodite make the dress fit anyone with our bloodline.

I love you sweet girl,

Your Mother

As I read the last two words, the paper fell to my lap and my hands covered my mouth. I could not believe what I had read. I tore off the lid of the box to expose a lengthy, pearl green, Grecian dress. Tulip, who had stood up, placed a motherly kiss on my forehead and walked out of my room.