Two Truths and a Lie

A/N: al'ight so I got a couple of requests to continue so that is what I will do.

If you have an idea you think would be cool or ideas for improving my writing or the storyline, feel free to comment on any of my stories or email me at my fan-email: doctor.nicopotter@gmail.com (please leave a comment to let me know you emailed me so that I do not miss it).

PLEASE INFORM ME OF SPELLING AND GRAMMAR MISTAKES. IT IS EASIER TO EDIT STORIES IF YOU HAVE 20-ish PEOPLE HELPING TO FIND MISTAKES THAN JUST YOURSELF, IN YOUR OWN STORY. THANK YOU.

Keep the votes and comments polite! We are a family here on Wattpad! But I digress...

Back to your regularly scheduled program:

My head was spinning. All the guests had left two hours previous, and my parents had invited me down to their Underworld Palace (my home?) to talk about my future and my past and everything. Needless to say, I was freaking out, but they had let me bring Levan. Thank the gods (my parents? Me? What even is my life anymore?!). It was all a little confusing.

"Are you alright?" Levan's voice whispers an echo of the day my world changed for good. I barely heard his repeated words I was so completely enveloped in nerves. I didn't answer, just leaned slightly against him on the couch where we sat.

We were in the sitting room of my father's palace. We were waiting for my parents to tell us the whole truth behind why my mother and I had to be separated.

"Thorn, my baby girl," my mother kept talking about the subject with a delirious smile on her face, "it is so nice to see you in person again. "

"I'm glad to finally know you too, but why couldn't I live my life here? Why did I have to be separated from you for twenty-three years?" I asked yet again. "Please tell me."

"My child, Apollo's oracle gave a prophecy that made Zeus fear what you may become," Hades spoke up. "It spoke of a demigod grandchild of his would decide the fate of the Olympic Powers. It was said that that the prophecy would come to pass when that child turned 18.  Zeus was furious when he found out that Persephone and I had had a child, you. He told us that you could not know the full extent of your powers. He refused to see the reason behind anything. He took you from us. He allowed me to claim you because knowing that by acknowledging that you are a niece of Zeus is not the same thing as knowing that you are his grandchild as well. He believes that the power of anything relies on knowledge of that thing. He tends to forget about what fate actually is. If it had been your life tied to the prophecy, you would have fulfilled it, but it is not about you.

"Zeus now has his fearful sight set on another demigod. The one you and that awful girl, Delilah, saved; that boy is the closets to the prophetical age than any other fitting the description. I will let his father claim him. I do not need more anger upon me from my family on Olympus." When he had finished his story, I had another question.

"If the prophetical age was 18, why did you have to wait until I was 24 to visit me, to let me have a father and a mother? Six years wasted. And is this why I was never allowed to visit you in the fall and in the winter?" I asked this gripping Levan's hand tighter.

"Zeus wanted to wait and see if it would take time for you to fully carry out a plan, but now he is sure that you are not the demigod destined to our fates. And yes this is the entire reason. I wasn't sure I could see you and not treat you as my daughter," my mother answered. "I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to let go of you." She leaned far forward and grabbed my hands across the coffee table. "I wish so dearly that you didn't have to leave us again, but you are engaged. And you must guide that boy you saved. We can help you come up with ideas about that."

"After dinner of course," my father said.

"Father, you seem to forget, Levan cannot eat in the Underworld. If he did, he would have to remain here. Tulip would just kill me if I let that happen." I thought it was strange of my father to forget that. I mean he was the one who said Levan was of Hephaestus.

"Right, of course. We won't have it here then."

Levan sat up and closer to my parents. "Or we could just talk about it now? I need to see Master Saffron tonight anyway. I can always have dinner with him so that Thorn can eat here."

I turned to look directly him. "If you need to go then you can go. I will be fine. You and I can talk about ideas later."

Something flashed in his eyes but was quickly replaced by love. "You sure you'll be okay?" he asked touching my cheek. I felt the concern in his voice.

"Yeah, I'll shadow travel you out."

"Okay." And there it was, his showstopping debonair smile. "Drop me off at the house."

I took his hands, and we stood. I closed my eyes and concentrated. Flash! We were there behind my old home, my childhood home. I was going to miss living here, but the palace had better accommodations for what I needed to do with the boy.

Levan leaned down and kissed my cheek. "I will see you later tonight. Don't stay too late. I love you."

I watched him walk up past the house before flashing back into the Underworld. My parents were gone when I got back. A servant was waiting by the door to show me to the dining room.

Even though I had spent a lot of time there, it was easy to get lost. I followed the servant through a lot of corridors. He glided ghostly across the floors. This made sense because I could feel his lifelessness.

In the dining room, things were strange. My parents weren't sitting on opposite ends of the table, but there was a stranger sitting across from my father. He had his back to me, but somehow I knew him. I took a step toward my seat, an empty chair across from my estranged mother. The door slammed close and I turned to see that all the ghostly and ghoulish servants were gone. I was alone with my parents and the familiar stranger.

I know it's been awhile, but I've been writing this chapter for a long LONG time and am finally ready to share it. School has been hectic with it being my last year of high school, but things will be better over the summer. I plan to post another story that I happened to be able to write during a class last semester. It is untitled as of now, but you y'all are interested, I will post the summary in the next chapter and take title names...
Anyway... happy reading!!