Everything has changed

I dont quite know how to write this. Words don't come easily now a days. Some writers say to write what you know. This is what I know: ......what do I know? Everything has changed. 
    You and I have both changed one better than the other. All I know now is that mom and dad are  getting a divorce. Mom is smoking. Dad is not around. Everything is falling apart. I don't know what to do, I don't know where to turn. All I know now is that I can't do this anymore.
     This wasn't how things were supposed to turn out. My life wasn't supposed to fall apart by first year of highschool. I once had everything planned out. I was going to finnish high school and go to NYU. And do all kinds of amazing things with my life. Today, I don't even know if I will have a family by tomorrow.
     I don't know why this is happening and I don't know what I am going to do about it but I do know this: at one point my life was in tacked and I had everyone in my life that I thought I possibly needed. Now, I don't know who I can trust.
     I remember FC as if it were only a dream now. The icees, the water, and even you. I know that we both have changed alot since then but I hope you can remeber as well as I do all the good times we did have in getting to know each other.
     I cherish those sweet innocent memories and when I think about them, for a few moments....I forget. I forget that my sibling and I are being split up.  I forget that my entire life now lives in boxes ready to be carried away. I forget that my parents won't even speak to each other. And I forget all the nail bitting tension tgat hangs in ths air, constantly looming over my head.
     So dear old friend, you wanted to how I have been and who I have become....well.....this is it.....all I can say for sure now is that......wait.....I can't say anything for sure. Are things becoming clear old friend?