SE: New Year's Eve Special

New Year's Eve Gala -  2 Years Ago

New Year's Eve Gala - 2 Years Ago...

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮

SHANGHAI SPARKLED WITH HOLIDAY MAGIC on that last night of the year and the Peninsula was no exception. Like every luxury hotel in Shanghai, it was illuminated with an array of lights and decked out in spectacular Christmas decoration; celebratory ornaments, wreaths with extravagant ribbons and pine cones, and snow-dusted mistletoe hanging above the tall ceilings.

But the main attraction was in the lobby, where a towering Christmas tree glittered with dazzling lights as the VIP guests of the New Year's Eve ball toasted drinks and engaged in conversation. By the drinks table, golden hues shone from the champagne fountain which trickled foamy bubbly down the flutes of Dakota Winslow and Lennox Richmond.

"Have you seen Gabriel?" the redhead asked Felipe Brauner and Lydia Park, glowing from the tan she got sailing Central America during winter break. She sunk her teeth onto her Chanel-glossed bottom lip when they both shook their heads.

Dakota's Italian boyfriend had been missing from the festivities for the past hour. It was nearing 12 and Gabriel and Dakota always shared a kiss at the stroke of midnight. It was tradition. And we know how much wealthy people love tradition.

"Guys, the bubbly is ready!" Leo Najjar elated, placing his arm around Lennox's tiny waist. Her sparkling mini-dress was skin-tight and her Jimmy Choo's - that were way too high for her fifteen-year old feet - elongated her already modelesque figure.

"Lex, come on! Let's pose for the gram," Beatrice Kozak shrieked as she pulled on the hand of the gorgeous and lively Lexi Underwood. They giggled their way to the small circle of Elites that were posing for the camera in their beautiful holiday attire.

"Lydia, why are you wearing silver? I told you I was going to wear silver. And Beatrice, your grey high heels are clashing with my black earrings!" Dakota stomped her heel, sending lustrous strands from her fresh blow-out flying. "Ugh, I'll just do a selfie later."

"Okay, what are we cheers-ing to?" Lennox tittered, holding up her champagne flute as the photographer got more candid shots for their social media.

"To a great new year," Felipe offered with lily-white innocence.

"To drinking our asses off through another New Year!" Leo screamed, clinking his glass with theirs before shooting the liquid down his throat. "Now... shots! Anybody?"

"You guysss! My dad is here, I need to be sober. There's nothing daddy loves more than showing me off to his tech friends," Lydia took a sip from her drink, glancing inside the ballroom for her father and his girlfriend, "Okay, maybe not more than devouring caviar and chatting about capitalism so I guess we can sneak in a couple."