Chapter 5

‘Don’t say anything! Let me do the talking’ I whispered to Curtis

‘Bonjour puis-je vous aider monsieur ?’ I said to the blacked out boy in front of us.

 ‘What the fuck? What she saying bruv! Don’t mans know you! You aint french’ He said to Curtis

 ‘Bonjour?’ Curtis said, not knowing what to do or say

 ‘Sorry we don’t talk english’ I said before quickly linking onto Curtis’s shoulder and walking away. The blacked out boy kissed his teeth and walked away.

 We finally got round the corner and I pushed Curtis off me.

 ‘You fool! Imagine if I wasn’t so smart! I could have been gang raped! Stabbed! Shot! You know how dese people are crazy these days!’ I said frantically

 Curtis just laughed.

‘Stop being so dramatic b! How you know how to talk french’ He said while still laughing

 ‘I did it as a GCSE’ I said in a strop.

 We got to the cinema and Curtis paid for us both. And we sat down and started watching the movie. Curtis tried to slyly put his arm over my shoulders and den tried to move his hand to my breast.

‘Curtis..’ I whispered in his ear. ‘Not only do I know how to talk French, I also know kick boxing and I throw a good kick and punch’ I said calmly. He moved his hand from my breast and giggled quietly.

Some scary bit came on the movie and I quickly jumped and put my face on his chest. I lift my head up and our faces were close, kissing close… he moved forward then we were interrupted someone talking loudly.

 ‘Naaa that cant be him!’

‘NO it is him Shaneek’

‘OH MY GOSH ITS HIM! CURTIS?!’

 We both turned around to see some girls from our school.

 ‘What now’ I mumbled under my breath.

‘Excuse me sket! But what you doing with my man?’ the girl said to me.

 ‘Sorry.. sket? And your what’ I said with my eyebrows raised ready to get mad.

 ‘You heard me sket! And yeh Curtis is my man!’ She said louder

 ‘Ayy lowe it Shaneek.. I aint your man and lowe talking to her like dat init’ Curtis butted in.

 ‘What you mean?!’ Shaneek said raising her voice like some typical hood rat.

 SHHHH someone in the cinema was cussing about the noise and people were complaining to the people who worked there.

 ‘Fuck this. Bye Curtis! Your way too much drama’ I said before taking my coat and the popcorn with me and walking out the cinema room.

Curtis ran behind me.

 ‘Where you going! She aint my gyal, I just fucked her last week’ He tried to explain.

 ‘Ohh yeeh that’s sooo brilliant. You know what just leave me alone please. Im going home. I don’t even know what I was thinking coming here with you and you 100 gyal dem and 200 man dat warn fight you!’ I walked out the cinema and made my way to the tube station.

 I was walking under a under pass and I could hear a few foot steps. I had my music in so I turned it down abit.

‘Shaneek you should really fuck her up for dat unah’

‘Look shes on her own we can just rush her now’

‘True say she has nice hair she finks shes the shit!’

 FUCK! I thought to myself.

I could hear the foot steps speeding up while I was speeding up.

 ‘Oi Melikah!!’

The person pulled me by my shoulder.

Who is the person

 1)      Her cousin with her friends who are a gang

2)      Shaneek and her friends

3)      Curtis

4)      Her Jamaican nan