Finale + A/N

The next morning, Oliver awoke to rays of sunlight shining on his face. He yawned and then came into a panicked realization that he was in his own room again. He pulled away his blanket and saw he was changed into his pajamas. Overwhelming feelings of anguish filled the boy's mind as he wondered whether or not his encounters from last night were just a dream. He had become so fond of Fukase that it was cruel for him to just disappear.

When he got out of bed, he saw that the bandages on his ankle were still present. His eye widened in hope as he darted towards his choir coat and checked the camera in his pocket. The pictures of the mansion were still there, albeit, a bit differently from what he remembered.

Oliver didn't care that he had school today – he was determined to go back to the mansion to confirm if Fukase truly existed or not. He quickly changed into comfortable clothes and made a beeline towards the forest.

Without hesitation, Oliver ran down the familiar path that led to the isolated mansion. Perhaps it was the sunlight or the time of the day, but he felt that the forest was no longer treacherous and threatening. With very little obstacles, he shortly arrived at the same forest clearing. However, the mansion was no longer in sight.

Filled with distress and sorrow, Oliver felt tears form from his eye as he gazed at the empty lot. He murmured dejectedly, "Fukase..."

"Looking for me?~" a familiar voice said teasingly.

Oliver stopped crying to look around for the source of the voice. No one was around, however.

"Hehe, you have to be quicker than that." Fukase smiled mischievously and appeared behind Oliver. When the blonde turned around, Fukase gently grabbed him by the shoulder and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Welcome back, Oliver~" Fukase grinned slyly.

"I'm back, Fukase!" Oliver said cheerfully with a deep red blush on his face.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Notes

This entire story is actually an improvisation of my original idea.  I ran out of time to go with what I had in mind since I wanted this one-shot completed in time for Halloween, so this is the result of it.   I may rewrite the story with what I had planned if there is enough interest for it, but it will take a while to do.

Originally, the story was supposed to be very dark and have multiple endings.  It's a stark contrast to what was presented here, so it might not be something you'd like if you enjoyed fluffy stories such as this.