Chapter 4: Torn

I just got home from school and I think I am in love. I cannot seem to get Drake out of my head. I was then interrupted by a chime from my phone. I got up and what do you know it was from Drake. I unlocked my phone and smiled at the text which read, "Hey gorgeous ;)" What do I say back, do I write something flirty. No, I don't want to come on too strong so I wrote, "Hey! What's up?" My typical reply. From that point on it was back and forth texting for three hours. We had funny conversations and then ended up playing 20 questions. My mood changed after he asked questions about what I want to do in the future. I promised myself I wouldn't tell him about my health condition. Seconds later I replied with, "Hey sorry to cut you off but I should probably should start homework." He replied saying, "Okay same here, goodnight."

I then logged on to my computer and started to read all of the emails my teachers sent me with makeup work. After printing out all of my assignments I got straight to work and finished within two hours. By that time it was already 10:45 and I was exhausted from my day. Sleep time.

The next morning, I woke up and did my normal morning routine then searched my closet for an outfit. It took me about five minutes to find the perfect outfit which ended up being a white sheer shirt with lace black leggings and my boots. Perfect. I hope today is as great as it was yesterday. I ate breakfast then went back upstairs to get ready. I turned on some music and got ready until I heard a honk outside my window. I grabbed my bag and headed out the door. On the way to school I saw Drake in his mustang. "Faith, you can stop drooling over him now, we are here haha," Katie said. "You know me so well." I got out of the car and told the girls I would catch up with them later. I walked the other way until I met Drake in the middle of the parking lot.

"Nice ride."

"Hey Faith, thanks." He gave me a hug and then we started walking into the building together. He walked me to my locker and leaned against the side of another. We were having a normal conversation until little Miss Popularity ruined my moment.

"Well well well, if it isn't little Miss Absentee. Where were you, huh Faith?" She pauses as she turns to look at Drake with that fake smile of hers. "And who is this guy? Dare to introduce me to him? He is cutee."

No, I will not let her get to me. "What do you want?" I closed my locker and folded my arms.

"So...are you going to answer my question? Wait, don't bother, I already know why you were gone and I have to say...who am I going to pick on when you are gone for good?" She teased.

I shook my head as tears started to rush down my face. It was almost time for the bell to ring. People were starting to stare. Finally, Drake stepped in. "I may not know you yet but you have three seconds to walk away before I come after you and your little posse. Got it?" He grunted.  Who knew he could be so tough.  

"Look who the stronger one is now. Let's go girls." They all giggled as they walked to their class.

I couldn't help myself. I shook my head and slowly slid to the ground and cried in my hands. Drake looked down at me and directly in my eyes said, "Faith, what was that about. Something is wrong and I want to know what's up." I sniffled some more and then finally looked up. He gave a half smile then wiped away my tears. He then reached out a hand and helped me up.

The bell rang, and the crowd dispersed. I heard whispers among us. It was too late. Soon the whole school is going to know my secret.

"Do you mind if I walk you to your next class?" Drake said.

I managed to give him a half smile. "That would be great." I said goodbye as he gave me a hug before we parted our separate ways. I sat down in my seat and suddenly all eyes were on me and there was whispering going on. Halfway through class I raised my hand and asked if I could go to the bathroom. I grabbed my bag and ran down the hallway I found the nearest single bathroom and locked the door. I broke down into tears as I hid my face in my hands. I heard a bell ring but I just sat there motionless. I shook my head. I was so upset. How did Morgan find out. Only my friends and family knew. I cannot believe this. I bet she already spilled my secret to the whole school by now and there are probably a bunch of rumors already spread about me. I decided to sit in the bathroom until someone came looking for me.

Drake's POV:

The bell for second period rang and then class started. Where is Faith? After this morning's incident she vanished and that has been the only talk in my classes. I wonder where she went. I decided to send her a text. "Hey is everything okay. Where are you?" I waited a few seconds which then turned into minutes and still now reply. Where could she be? After class I ran into one of her friends, Katie if I remember correctly. "Katie! Have you seen or heard from Faith?"

"No...Last time I saw her is this morning after she met up with you. What is wrong?"

"This girl came up to her this morning and she said some pretty harsh stuff to her and she broke down crying but she wasn't in second period today. I texted her but she isn't answering."

"Let me try texting her. Follow me let's find Jessica and Lauren."

"Jessica. Have you guys seen Faith at all this morning, we can't seem to contact her."

"No...wait what is going on?" Jessica said.

"Is she okay??" Lauren said.

"I don't know. Can you guys help me check the school," I said in an urgent tone.

"Of course! Lauren and I will check the buildings. Let's go Lauren," Jessica said.

"I will check the courtyard and areas around there," Katie said.

"Great. I will check around her first period class. Let me know if you find her."

I headed back to where her locker was and called out her name. I was probably being a disturbance to the classes around but I didn't care. I went to her first period teacher who had planning this period and politely asked if she saw Faith. She said she ran out of class with her belongings but didn't return.

"Okay thank you." Well that was no help. I continued calling her name until I heard a whimper in one of the nearby bathrooms. I leaned against the door for any sound. I tried the door but it was locked. I knocked on the door and said, "Faith? Faith are you in there? It's me, Drake."

Two seconds later she opened the door. She had mascara dripping down her cheeks and looked like she had been crying all morning. Her face was red and she looked torn.

I ran to her and gave her a tight hug. "Faith. I need to know what is going on. What was it that happened this morning." She sniffled then looked up at me and opened her mouth as she was about to speak.

"It's a long story. I don't have a lot of time." She whimpered some more. I tried calming her down which helped.

"I have time and I want to listen."

Did you like this chapter? Be sure to comment below and let me know what you thought of it!