1.1 - dan what's wrong?

(PHIL'S POV)

It had finished, the meetings were over. I could go home to see Dan! I missed him so much, You know how you leave your bed for a while and miss it. Dan is like that, he's my best friend and I can't go too long without seeing him! Anyway now I've got a lot of gossip to catch up on.

The plane had already landed and I was planning on showing up surprising Dan at our house, but then I realise he knew when we were going to be coming home and what time. I'm such a doof.

The drive in the taxi was too long for my liking. I wanted to see Dan and catch up but the drive was taking too damn long.

----------

I made my way up the stairs to the front door quite quickly, I missed Dan so much! I quickly phoned my mum and told her I was safe and back in london, she was glad to hear it!

I could hear muffled speaking from the other side of the door and instantly knew who it was, I reached into my bag and found the key, I breathed a nervous sigh down and silently opened the door.

The house smelt like stale vodka and something which I couldn't quite put my finger on (it's Da cheeky bum secks he can smell) Dan never really drank in the house, it was odd that it was a very strong smell, maybe he had a party? No its Dan.

"Dan?" I yelled whilst continuing to walk down to the living room.

"One minute Phil, stay there I'll help you with your bags now!"

"Okay..." Strange, I decided to peak into the living quickly, what I saw was a sight to be seen, Dan throwing things into bags and [Y/N] getting off the floor to help. I wonder what they got up to! I quickly made my way back to my suitcase and waited patiently.

"PHIL! you don't know how much I've missed you!" Dan engulfed me in a hug and I gladly expected it.

"I've missed you to but it's been what 2 days?"

"So! You're my best friend of course I'm gonna miss you!"

I couldn't tell if he was acting strange but he didn't smell fresh so there was something off about him.

"Dan? What happened here?"

He looked at me as if to realise I'd actually asked him and he looked shocked and confused but a little sad.

He said "can I tell you when [Y/N] is gone?" But it came out as a whisper, I nodded as a response and took my bags to my room out of way, greeting [Y/N] on my way, she was also suspicious looking.

I didn't want to desturb what was going on in there so I decided to unpack and settle back in. The whole dan and [Y/N] thing was too confusing, they just seemed jumpy and upset. I quicken my pace of unpacking so it didn't take as long, the tension in that living room was far more uncomfortable, I can't quite put my finger on it. Maybe it was because I came home, I mean they seemed to pick everything in the living room up embarrassingly fast. Something definatly happened whilst I was gone.

----------

"Dan? Do you know where the red wine went?"

I stood looking around the half empty alcohol cupboard and couldn't find the Wine I craved.

"Uh... sorry Phil! I drank it last night"

"It's okay" I rubbed my temples and sat leaned against the kitchen counter, on the floor. I felt like wine would make more sense but since Dan had drunk that I stuck with vodka and coke. I poured my drink and sat back against the kitchen counter.

"Phil? You don't drink vodka... What's up?" Dan was leaning against the doorway, [Y/N] had left about ten minutes before hand.

"Drinking away my headache"

"There's tablets for those. What's actually wrong?"

Sighing, I placed my slowly warming alcoholic beverage and turned to face the brown eyed boy.

"Well, the next meeting after you left, they told me that you and [Y/N] are not welcome to the welcome meeting because you left unexpectedly"

"Oh well, it's not that bad... why were you upset over that?"

"Because I have to go alone a whole two days before you and I don't want to go alone!"

"Phil... it's okay you don't have to go alone! I mean sure you're going to the meeting alone but there will be other like louise and Tyler to talk to. I'm coming out with you to the same hotel because we can't keep going back and forth to our house during the event, because people will follow us but I won't let you go by you're self"

I sighed but then remebered [Y/N] and all the alcohol.

"Dan..."

"Yeah?"

"What happened then?"

"Uh. What happened where?"

"Here."

"Well... see the thing is... I can explain what happened... it's just that [Y/N] and I... we kind of..."

"Dan just tell me I'm not going to judge you. We are all human"

"Okay." It look him a brief moment to compose what he had to say.

"[Y/N] and I. Came back here when we landed in back in England. We decided on watching high school musical and to have a few drinks so it would be a bit more fun. As you know by now Phil... when I'm drunk I'm easily influenced to do what I can't when I'm sober"

"Of course Dan. So what's the problem... that seems fine"

"I remeber laughing with her and then i think we fell on the sofa still laughing. The next thing I definatly remeber is waking up yesterday afternoon, under my quilt, naked, spooning  [Y/N]"

"No way! Does this mean you two are like a thing now?"

"No... the worst part Phil. We didn't even use a condom, we found it open on the floor still in the packet"

"Oh gosh Dan, what are you going to do?"

"Well she wanted to get plan b but I kind of talked her out of it-"

"Dan! What are you doing you don't want to be a dad... You're so young what about your career?"

"We fell asleep as well, it's been over 24 hours it was too late anyway"

We sat in silence for about ten minutes until Dan needed the toilet, I needed to talk some sense into him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU FOR READING THIS CHAPTER!

I'm so sorry it's taken me ages, I haven't had the motivation to write and I had exams last week so I'm hoping to start writing more 😋

~megxo