Chapter Ten

Tori Taylor| TT

Tonight was the night of the game and tonight is also the night I have to tell CJ I'm pregnant. I first found out after the school shooting and every since then I just been keeping quiet and I'm tired of that.

Anyway my brothers and boyfriend CJ, Andre, Stevie, and Tae'Shawn were were four of five in the starting lineup. It would've been James but he's injured. I'm so proud of them tho they went from coming off the bench freshman year to starting and gettting pro scouts sophomore, junior, and senior year. They each average at least twenty points a game and they are a powerful duo.

I was getting ready to go to the car after my shower and such when Stevie called me in the guest room.

"Yes Stevie." I said with attitude.

"Watch yo tone fat ass."

"If you know- you know what imma just go wait in the car."

"No I'm just playing." He said laughing.

"Ight now Asia is gonna be at the game and I want you to talk to her about me."

"Ight."

"Also I wanted to give you something." He said pulling out a gold chain with my nickname on it.

"Oh my god Stevie its beautiful." I said in awe.

"Just a little something since you carrying my niece or nephew." He smiled. I turned around and gave him a hug while crying. Hormones I think.

"Don't cry it's my token to you because I may not show it but I love you and if something happens to me I want you to remember me by that." He said.

"What are you talking about?" I asked releasing him.

"Just know that if something happens out in the streets or whatever I'll always love you."

"I can't tell you that, let's go we going to be late."

"Ok." I said. I didn't know what he was talking about, but it was scary because usually he was all smiles but he was looking like he was hiding something from me.

We got in the car and headed to the game.

"Aye if anything happens to us just know we love you." CJ said hugging me.

"What are y'all talkin about he told me the same thing what's going on?!" I yelled crying causing Andre and Tae'Shawn to look at us.

"I love you." He said and turned to talk to the guys.

What's going on. Lord please don't let nothing happen to my boyfriend and brother.

Christopher Johnson| CJ

Man I hate seeing her crying like this. I just told her that because me and the guys been receiving threats from a rival school and I just wanted tell her that.

We pulled up to the school and we got out to go to the locker room. When we made it in the gymnasium, people were already in the bleachers with posters and shit.

"Good luck baby I have a surprise for you at halftime." She said.

"Alright thanks baby love you." I gave her our pre-game kiss.

We went to the locker room to change then the coach gave us The pep-talk. We walked out and they had a video playing about James, shit had me emotional.

"Let's honor our student and fellow player James Daniels throughout the game." The announcer said.

"Don't cry bruh it's gon be ight he still living." Stevie said as I touched my face. I ain't know I was crying.

They showed one about Eddie and that's when u really broke down
Eddie was my left hand and me, Stevie and him use to kick it everyday. I'm gonna play this game in memory of him. That's what he would've wanted me to do.

"Ight fellas I want a clean game of basketball and nothing else, got it?" The ref asked. We all nodded.

He threw the ball up and our backup center, Johnathan Smith, tipped it to our side and that's when I passed it to Stevie and he went straight beast mode. He was doing everything Eddie would do in a game. At the end of the game he had 16 points, 7 snags, and 10 assist.

I went to locker room to find Tori there sitting next to my locker.

"Hey baby, good game so far."

"I have no points, 3 rebounds, 8 assist I'm ass right nah." I told her.

"You probably won't be after I tell you this." She said with her head down.

"What is it?" I asked.

"I'm pregnant." She said with her head down.

"Stop playin all the time."

"I'm serious."

"Oh my god I'm having a boy." I said with a big ass grin.

"We having a baby baby." She said.

We, well the whole locker room spent a couple minutes talking about what will happen when the baby comes, then she had to leave.

"Good luck."

"I won't need it nah."

"Corny ass."

We walked out onto the court and I had flashbacks off James and Eddie then the future with the gang. I don't what go in me but when coach out me in I went all out.

I was passing, rebounding, and shooting like I was Kobe. I had 30 points, 12 re's, and 15 assists. The score was 87-86, us. It was five minutes left and this game determined whether we go to the playoffs or not. If we didn't our rivals, Lake County would.

Right now I was coming off the bench having to take a break. I was out of bounds ready to take the ball out when the player guarding me the whole game Hakeem Knicks came up.

"Yea you ain't scoring no more now, playing like you Lebron or something."

"You mad because I'm that guy that can do everything, I wear 24 for a reason."

"And your homie six feet under for a reason." He said and I almost knocked his lights out but the guys grabbed me.

"Chill man, we got his ass on the outside." Tae said.

"Ight bet."

We played the game and I wasn't playin like I was the last four minutes, so the score was 97-98, Lake County.

It was a minute left in the game and this was life or death. I took the ball out and passed it to Stevie, he passed it to Andre who drive to the whole but passed it to Tae as he passed it to me and I shot and made it. 100-98,us.

Under thirty seconds left, the score was tied and I dribbled up the top passed it then got the ball back and watched the clock. As it was time to end the game I out it up from the three point line with a fade away. It hit the rim, the bounced up and dropped in as the crowd cheered.

"In so proud of you baby." Tori said hugging and kissing me.

"Thanks let's go."

Life is good

Happy Halloween

Boring chapter