Chapter Four: In Your Arms Tonight

LILAKOI POV

I had fallen asleep on the couch after a long day of studying for exams. We were performing at Woodstock Live! When I ran into Hugo onstage, accidentally knocking me into the crowd and breaking my right ankle. It's been three weeks since that day and I've been cooped up in the house! DeVante was working with his artists on some new material leaving me home alone. I was in a semi-deep sleep when I heard my cell phone going off.

"I just wanna have a good time....in your arms tonight..."

Me: Hello?

Chris: Hi, beautiful girl.

My eyes got wide by hearing his voice.

Me: Hi Chris. H-h-how are you?

Chris: I've been better.

Me: Are you in trouble?

Chris: Nope, but I hear that you're a real couch potato.

Me: Haha! A broken ankle will do that to you.

Chris: A broken ankle!? Ouch, so THAT'S why I've been able to only call you. 

Me: Yeah, I hate, hate, hate, hate, HATE it! I ordered a stuffed crust pizza and fudge cake, so I'm good...food is my best friend at the moment.

Chris: You aren't gonna share?

Me: I would, but all of my friends are out partying on Greek Street so that's a no.

Chris: What if you had---

DING DONG! Yes! My food's here! I got up, grabbed my crutches and wobbled to the front door. It took a minute for me to open it but when I did, I saw....CHRIS! He had a smirk on his face with my food in his right hand, looking hella cool. 

Chris: ....company?

Me: Oh ho ho! You are SO sneaky! 

He went inside, setting the food on the living room table and I was crutching it along back to the couch, super slowly. I felt a pair of strong arms scoop me up and grip me tight. Chris looked in my eyes as he positioned us both on the soft, warm couch. I shyly looked away from him and he laughed. Looking outside, I noticed that it was raining SUPER hard. PERFECT!

Chris: Why you gotta do that, baby girl?

I took a slice of pizza and acted casual when I knew damn well what he was talking about.

Me: I don't know....I'm shy is all.

Chris: Look, don't be like that. I'm just talking to you.

Me: You're right, I'm sorry. It's just that we've been spending all of our time on the phone and when we meet it's awkward but cool.

Chris: True. 

I looked at him and back down at my pizza again.

Chris: What?

Me: Nothing.

Chris: Nah, it ain't just nothing going on behind those beautiful eyes of yours, tell me.

Me: It's just...you aren't what I expected you to be the first time I saw you. 

Chris: How so?

Me: I mean...I thought that when I saw you you were this mean, arrogant, obnoxious thug. But you're a really sweet guy who just got caught up in something terrible. Am I right?

Chris: Yeah. 

Me: You're the one who's hiding something.

Chris: Well, I was taught that if something is too good to be true, then it probably is. I mean you're beautiful, smart, perceptive, shy, and very nerdy. You have to have a flaw...just let me know what it is and then I'll really know what's up!

Me: If only we had the time.

Chris: I ain't goin' nowhere.

Then something came over me. I turned my head and kissed him lightly on the cheek. I tried to pull away, but he brought his mouth to mine and kissed me passionately. I didn't stop him, only when he took off my shirt did I have to slam on the brakes. I covered myself and moved off of his lap.

Me: I'm sorry. I'm, I'm, I just, I need, uh.....

Chris: How long has it been, Lilakoi?

Me: Since?

Chris: Since you've been on a date, been kissed, loved?

Me: Oh, a while. 

Chris: I see you, and I notice that you never go out. You should be with someone.....someone like me.

When he said that, my heart raced. I took a deep breath and I struggled to keep the tears from rolling down my cheeks.

Me: My last relationship didn't end too well AT ALL. That's why I've been taking things slow after eight years.

Chris: Okay. Just know that I'm here.....

Me: Thanks, Chris. 

He kissed me one more time and I nodded off to sleep.