Chapter Six: Mr. & Mrs. Breezy!

DEVANTE POV

First of all, let's get one thing clear: I'm happy my sister is getting married. I just wish it were with someone different. I know Lilakoi wants me to approve of this, but I just don't trust Chris at all. He's talented, but that nigga has some serious underlying issues that he never got help with. Plus, she's only been with Chris for four months. We haven't spoken since she got engaged, and that's really hurting me because she's my only sister and I feel like he's taking her away from me. 

WEDDING DAY: 

September 13, 2010

CHRIS POV

We decided to have an outdoor wedding in the Cayman Islands. Everything was beautiful! The venue, the guests, and the altar was fantastic. I'm really about to marry the woman of my dreams. I can't wait to see how beautiful she looks. Mijo was my Best Man and Lilakoi's sister Ocelean was the Maid of Honor. I'm glad she had ONE supportive sibling, shit. 

Now, I'm nervous as hell. When I perform on stage...that's second nature. But this right here, I barely got any sleep last night, not to mention I was horny as hell. Lilakoi and I have never had sex because she wanted her first time to be with someone she really truly loved. I'm nervous about where this journey is gonna take us, but I'm glad we're on it together.

I was shaking because my baby was about to make her entrance. The bridesmaids and the groomsmen had made it down the aisle and everyone stood up to see my bride. She came in and was being escorted by her brothers Dalvin and Derek. Their father died of cancer four weeks after we got engaged, but not before he gave me his blessing. The moment we locked eyes is when I lost it. I was sobbing like a big ass baby and Mijo consoled me.

Reverend Run: You alright, youngin'?

Me: Ye...yea....yeah.

Lilakoi smiled through her tears and kissed my cheek softly.

Me: You look so beautiful.

Reverend Run: Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of these witnesses, to join Christopher Brown and Lilakoi Moon in matrimony commended to be honorable among all; and therefore is not to be entered into lightly but reverently, passionately, lovingly and solemnly. Into this - these two persons present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together - let them speak now or forever hold their peace.

Then, everyone went silent. She looked over into the crowd, I pulled her face to mine and gestured her to look at Run.

Rev. Run: Lilakoi, what do you have to say?

Lilakoi: Breez.....Christopher

Everyone began to laugh.

Lilakoi: When I met you, I never imagined we would be here. There were times where I questioned myself with you, but I'd fall apart wondering what might have been. I was told to never give up on someone you love, and I love you too much to give up.

I lost it at that moment. Getting it together, I composed myself and began to speak.

Me: I met you. I knew that you would be different, but how different I could never imagine. I love We're in this for the long run, baby. I knew you were special, and I didn't want anyone else to know that. 

Lilakoi: I, Lilakoi Moon, take you Christopher Brown, to be my husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do us part. I give you this ring as an eternal symbol of my love and commitment to you.