Chapter Two: Whose Girl Is That?

CHRIS POV

The year 2009 wasn't my year. I went from being America's sweetheart to public enemy number one for assaulting my then girlfriend, Rihanna. I didn't mean for things to get the way they did, but we couldn't be together after that. We were killing each other on a physical, mental, and emotional level. I'm not trying to get with anyone right now unless I find a shorty so bad that I gotta cuff her on sight. After a night of hitting the club with my homies Bow Wow, Mijo, Polow da Don, Usher, and Tyga, we had to pull ourselves together and make it to this business meeting with Boss Playa himself: DeVante Swing. If there's any producer that inspired me to have creative control of my music, it's definitely him. Now in 2010, I just want to get back to my throne and DeVante is just the man who can help me get there!

We drove over to his place at around 11 in the morning. His house is dope in the sense that it's big and luxurious but not too conspicuous where niggas can rob you and shit. We ate breakfast in the kitchen and I was distracted by Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" playing softly in the background. 

Me: Yo D, I ain't know you was a fan of Queen.

DeVante: I'm not. 

Mijo: So why is it playing in the next room?

DeVante sighed and chuckled.

DeVante: This damn girl right here.....

Bow Wow: Girl, what girl? Ayye, D holdin' out on a nigga! Where she at? 

DeVante: Shut up boy, I'm---

Suddenly, the door swung open and the scent of Satsuma danced in the air. A light-skinned girl with dark brown, curly hair that went down to her backside came out. She had on these James Dean type glasses with a shirt of Public Enemy's "It Takes A Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back" album cover. She blinked and smiled shyly at us, struggling to hold up her schoolbooks.

Lilakoi: Ohh, hello. I didn't know we had guests, DeVante.

DeVante: I forgot to wake you and tell you. 

Lilakoi: Sorry, I was studying for this exam today and got caught up in my studying.

DeVante: I don't why you studying all that hard for anyway, what...you scared you gonna get a "B"?

She hit his arm playfully and looked down at the floor.

DeVante: This is my baby sister, Lilakoi Rainbow Moon!

Me: Wow...what a unique name you have there.

Lilakoi: Thank you, Christopher.

Me: You welcome, baby girl. Let me help you with those.

Lilakoi: No-no, I---

I insistently took the books from her and set them down on the table. 

Lilakoi: Thank you.

Me: You're welcome.

Mijo: Wait holup, since you DeVante sister, how come niggas ain't never seen you before!?

Bow Wow: Shut up, not all celebrity siblings are famous.

Lilakoi: Nor do we wish to be at that.

The way she stood up in the chair, her smile, her personality, her vernacular was A1! I knew DeVante had a sister, but she's been either living under a rock or locked in her room because I ain't never seen her before today.

Lilakoi: I have to do some research for my thesis at the library, I'll be back in a few hours, okay?

DeVante: Come back in time for dinner!