Ch. 2

They had been on the road about 19 hours, and they were about 100 miles away form Hackensaw, Louisiana now. They had stopped a few times along the way, for basic necessities, of course- 5 slices of pie, 6 bottles of soda, various candies, and, of course, 1 Busty Asian Beauties magazine. Sam had been quiet for most of the time, and he was about to speak up when Dean's cell rang. Dean answered. The smile that he possessed just a moment ago had become a shadow to his now blank, but serious, face.

"Dad. What's up."

"Dean. Listen to me. Whatever happens, don't come looking for me. No matter what. This hunt. It's turned into something much larger. Every single case we find are all linked. I can't tell you any more.... I've already told you too much... Just turn around and get somewhere saf-"

The tough, experienced, hunter was now screaming and panting. A dark, growling voice that sounded to be  a wild animal seemed to be the cause of it. There was tearing and ripping noises...Then everything went silent.

"DAD?! ARE YOU THERE? DAD!? CAN YOU HEAR ME?!"

Dean hung up and quickly called again.

"You've gotta be kidding me." he said through his teeth.

Their fathers phone had died, so Dean frantically searched for the number to his dad's "life-threatening-situation" cell phone. It was written on a diner napkin, sloppily stuffed away in the glove compartment. He pulled it out, unwrinkled it and started dialing the numbers in.

Once he finished, he pressed talk and waited. No answer. For this whole amount of time, Sam had been calm and quiet, knowing that if he asked his brother what was happening while he was doing something he'd most likely get yelled at.

Dean called again.

Still no answer.

He pressed on the brakes and made a U-turn. At this point, Sam couldn't help it.

"Dean. What's going on?"

"Dad's in trouble. He says we need to get somewhere safe, so we're heading to Bobby's."

"What? Why?"

"Because dad said so, and what he says goes. Now quit whining and be quiet. I'm trying to think."

Dean slammed his foot on the gas and let out a small sigh of worry. All the while, Sam fixed on him with a disbelieving stare.

"Dean. Just because-" Sam said with an ever so soft voice.

"Quiet, Sam!" Dean said. "Lets just get there first and then we can talk about it."

Sam was now enraged. His brother-the only one in the world who took care of him and understood him-was now completely ignoring him and treating him like he was still a baby. Why? 'Cause he was only focused on "obeying orders," not giving a care for anything or anyone else.

Sam figured it was finally time to stand up to his older brother-or at least attempt to. 

 "I don't get it. Just because he told you to, you're gonna be a good little soldier??"

"It's what's best, Sam!"

"No, Dean, it's not. You do everything he says when he says it. And you don't think that's a problem?!"

"I promised I would do whatever needs to be done to protect you, and if that means I have to follow all of dad's orders, then so be it."

"Don't you ever think for yourself!? He probably wants us to stop working this case just so he can!"

"Sammy. You don't understand. He-"

"No Dean!" Sam said with a fierce glare, "I understand perfectly fine. If you don't want to take this case then I'll take care of it by myself!"