chapter 2

"philip, dinner's ready!"

the voice coming from downstairs startled phil slightly, but he quickly recognised it as his mother's.

he had been lying on his bed, staring blankly at the ceiling for quiet some time now. questions had been whirling around in his mind since the moment he laid eyes on the other prince.

what was he going to do when his parents wanted one thing, and he wanted another?

he slowly sat himself up, resting his palms on the bed. he could sense a faint smell from the kitchen. "roast chicken", he whispered, putting his nose in the air, trying to catch more of the delicious smell.

phil finally shuffled of the bed and opened the door to his room. he strode down the stair in a perfect manner and entered the dining room with a plastered-on-smile. "good afternoon, mother." he told his mom and kissed her cheek, taking a seat at the table.

he placed his desired amount of food on the plate and dug in. he really hadn't been doing that much other than thinking the whole day and it somehow made him extremely hungry.

"well someone's hungry." the king chuckled and placed a perfect mixture of chicken, potato and gravy in his mouth.

phil mumbled a response with his mouth full of food, earning a stern look from his parents. he swallowed, wiped his mouth with a napkin and gave them a proper answer. "i've just had a lot on my mind."

;

phil could not for the life of him find a comfortable possition to sleep in. he shuffled and turned again and again.

he could not stop thinking about that god damn face.

daniel. the name still rang in his ears.

he gave up and sat upright in his bed. he had forgot to close the curtains so both the moon and the stars shone brightly into his room. he stood up to close them, thinking a darker room would help him sleep.

the room was quite cold as it was still spring. he shuddered and quickly tip-toed over to the large window.

as he tugged at the curtains to close them, the sky caught his attention. it was stunning. and the air was so still that not a single wave could be seen in the little pond resting about 8 meters below him. in fact, it reflected the sky like it was a mirror.

he stared at the pure beauty for half a minute before going back to closing the curtains. just as he was about to close it entirely he saw a glips of gold shimmer.

was that a crown?