chapter 4

"philip!"

phil almost choked on is spit by the sudden voice who obviously was calling for someone on the second floor when he was actually stood 7 meters away from her.

"philip michael!" she started walking towards the stairs where phil was scrambling away to not get caught spying.

when she came around the corner, phil had quietly ran up the stair a few steps and was now walking back down. "why good morning mother" he said softly with the smallest of smiles.

"oh good morning philip" his mother said, "we have some guests over-"she continued like phil didn't already know. "-you should come greet them". in other people's ears this might've sounded like an request or something you could choose to do - but in phil's ears it was order.

"of course mother".

phil had almost never had the opportunity to choose anything. his parents had chosen everything for him; private schools, what to eat, what to wear, friends and even partners.

maybe getting married wouldn't be that bad. aleast he had control over his own life. well, apart from chosing his actual lover of course.

he hopped down the last few steps in a childish manner, earning a disapproving look from his mother. "so where are the guests?" phil asked, trying to sound unknowing. "in the kitchen", the queen stated "they're having breakfast with us".

phil nodded once and strode into the kitchen. there, sat the whole family of the girl he was going to marry and phil didn't want anything more than for the floor to swallow him. "good morning" luna said with a smile and went over to give phil a hug. he almost flinched away, but quickly remembered he would be spending his whole life with this girl. he forced a smile and mumbled a 'goodmorning' before lazily embracing her.

he was atleast a head taller than her, if not one and a half. if he didn't know she was her age, he would easily have mistaken her for a teen.

phil was the first to pull away and exclaimed "who's ready for some breakfast?", and clapped his hands together.

he snapped his fingers and the room suddenly filled with waiters with silver trays filled with breakfast foods of all sorts.

"if you could all gather in the diningroom that would be marvelous" the waiter closest to the door said. another servent came to open then door and all the waiters bowed as the royals exited the kitchen.

the table had seven seats. on the shortest side farest away from the door, were two seats; for phil and luna. on phil's right there were two seats and on luna's left there were three seats; for their family members.

the chairs were mainly wood, but had gold down the legs. the table was covered with a beautiful red tablecloth.

they all sat down, almost synchronized and the waiters started putting the most delicious foods on the table. plates with exotic fruits, stacks and stacks of pancakes, and scrambled eggs were just to mention a few.

since all the royals had been thaught to eat proparly with knives and forks, it took a while before the food was gone.

it was fairly quiet as everyone was eating, until phil reached his hand out to grab for the butter. little did he know that the slightly younger man also sat at the table had the same thought in mind.

when both their hands reached the butter, they colided and phil felt the butterflies flutter in his stomach. it was like form those cheesy romance movies where both the boy and the girl reached for the popcorn, but their hands met and they fell in love.

and that was the exact feeling phil felt in that moment.