| 2 |

ATTENDING MY OWN FUNERAL IS HORRIBLE IDEA. I don't know why I went to the service. Watching from a distance, I hear the cries of disbelieve from my mother. She refuses to believe her youngest child had passed. Burying her head into my father's chest, she weeps silently into his chest. Persistently, my father tries to stay strong for the family. A couple minutes into the service is when he finally snaps, breaking down in tears. I watched in agony as my parents, my siblings and my friends crumbled while my dead corpse is lowered into the ground.

Grief-stricken, I cry out. My sobs fill the cemetery, loud enough to be heard from both heaven and hell. The only people who can't hear me are my family, my sibling and friends, everyone who's heart is still beating. I collapse onto the cool, green grass and burst into tears.

"Do you need help?" A voice inquires, offering their hand.

Instantly, I know who it is. Him. The Devil himself stands in front of me. The Devil himself offering me his hand. I glance up at the new body he's currently in control of. Obviously, the person was athletic when he was alive, with quite an attractive muscular body. The Devil has eye catching blue hair that compliments his steel gray eyes, freckles scattered across his nose and cheeks.

Cautiously, I take his hand. The instant our fingers touch, a spark of fire ignites between them. I pull back, but with a tight grip, the Devil rips me off the ground. Curiosity washes over his face and he clears his throat.

"Attending your own funeral isn't a smart idea, Kara." He comments, perching on the top of a tombstone.
"I-I wanted to be with my family for the...last time." I respond, glancing behind him.
"You know that they've already accepted that you're-"
"I'm dead! Ok?! I know they know I'm fucking dead."

The Devil gets off the tombstone, walking towards me. I wipe away my tears, keeping my eyes on the grass underneath my heels.

"I'm sorry..." He says quietly, taking my hand into his. "I didn't realize that you're mourning."
"I'm not. This is just too much to take in." I confess, my eyes glancing up at the Devil.

Tears are beading up in his steel gray eyes. Cautiously, my hand rises up to his face. My fingers wipe away his tears, dancing across his smooth, pale skin. When our eyes meet, they melt into each other and everything freezes around us. My mother's sobs go mute. Quiet prayers that escape my grandparents lips grow silent. The fall leaves freeze mid-fall.

The Devil moves closer towards me, his warm breath tickling my lips. He stops abruptly, his cheeks burning pinks and reds. The Devil snaps his fingers and everything goes back to normal. Awkwardly, I back away from him. My cheeks burn with embarrassment and words trickle off his tongue. I block his words out, keeping my eyes off of him and lowered to the grass.

A sigh escapes his lips as he lifts my chin up with his fingers. For a moment, our eyes melt together once again.

"I can't kiss little demons." The Devil whispers into my ear, smirking.
"I'm not a demon." I respond, boldly kissing him.

Immediately, the Devil kisses back. When we separate, his cheeks burn from excitement and snaps his fingers. In an instant, he's disappeared from the cemetery yet his smoke and firewood scent lingers.