Chapter Twenty Seven

Laken Rivera

Once again my eyes were covered by a pair of hands. I was walking and turning in all different directions. I was going up a bunch of steps until we finally reached our destination.

I heard a swing of a door followed by a breeze of cold air fly pass my face.

"Where are we E?" I put my hands on top of his.

"You like rooftop vibes?" He removed his hand, revealing a big black blanket on top of a roof that had a perfect view of the moon.

Besides the blanket was a couple bottles of Hennessy and a beats pill. I smiled at his attempt to be romantic and walked with him over to the blanket.

"What is this?" I giggled as we sat down on the warm fluffy blanket.

"Consider it a sorry gift."

"Like when we first met..." I went back to the day he hit me with his bike.

"Yeah...but it's not a petty date. I was going to do this for you eventually but it seemed like the perfect time now. Some buds, beats and booze." He said, putting the pill in between us.

He fiddled with his phone before Come and See Me, PARTYNEXTDOOR started to play. He set his phone down and cracked open the bottle. He chugged it down for a second before handing it over to me. I took it from him and did the same thing, cringing at the unusal taste.

"Don't drink?"

"No...but there's a first time for everything." I shrugged and took another gulp.

We sat there in silence for awhile just kicking back. After an hour, the first bottle of Henny was finished and we were just lying there, stoned. I was leaned back in between his legs with a spliff in between my lips, barely sober enough to puff.

"Tell me more about you." I heard him mumble. I looked up at him like he was on it worst than I was, "really? You know most shit, E."

"Not even. You be asking me a bunch of shit about myself...what about you?" He took a sip of the second bottle.

I took a deep breath, trying to gather some thoughts, "what you wanna know?"

"Anything."

I sat there for five minutes, traveling back to when I was only ten years old and my life changed...

I sat on the floor of our small apartment, watching Xae dribble his mini basketball in between his legs, throwing it up in the air as if he made a long shot.

I darted my head towards the hamper as it landed in, sending him into a huge uproar. I laughed as he went over to it and started dancing.

"You got lucky." I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, Laken. Can't even hold a basketball...your small ass hands."

"Oh, Xavier! You cursing...watch me tell momma."

"Go on you little snitch."