One last adventure

"How do I look?"

"I expect, with your eyes. Most people do."
Missy leant against the handrail of the TARDIS stairs.

"I'm wearing a new dress as you clearly haven't noticed." She said, rolling her eyes and throwing her hands up in the air. The Doctor didn't even look up.

"Aren't you gonna dress up for our special date?" Missy said, descending the last few steps and joining the Doctor at the console.

"We are not going on a date, so don't get any ideas."

"Humph." Missy sighed. "Where are you going?"

"I'll be back. Don't you dare touch that console."

"There's just no pleasing that man..." Missy thought, eying her reflection in a small, circular mirror. She'd changed her usual Edwardian skirt, blouse and coat for an elegant, purple Victorian dress, cut with three-quarter-length sleeves. She'd even changed her lipstick to a deeper red and painted her nails with a reddish purple.

"Happy now?"

The Doctor entered the room wearing his classic deep indigo coat with the red lining. He looked up, finally noticing Missy's new attire. Purple really was her colour.

****

"Astaria! The most beautiful planet in the Universe. Well, at least I think so." The Doctor said.

Missy gasped as she stepped outside the TARDIS and onto the planet. It was so blindingly beautiful, illuminated only by glowing wisps of blue and green light in the pitch black sky. A long twisting path stretched before them, lined by magenta flowers giving off little puffs of purple perfume which, glowing, swirled in the surrounding air. The Doctor placed a foot on the path and a ripple of deep blue light washed over it.

"It's... It's..." Missy stammered.

"Dark?"

"Well. Yes."

"Thought you'd like it."

The Doctor offered Missy his arm which she gladly took. They wandered slowly down the path, inhaling the intoxicating aromas of the flowers. The chirping and rustles of small insects surrounded them and occasionally a lone owl would hoot quietly.
After a few minutes, a tall, dark building came into view. A large staircase lead up to it, lit by lamps of green fire. Two guards stood menacingly before the doors.

"Have you made a reservation, Sir?"

The Alien spoke with all the politeness of a Gentleman and all the authority of a soldier.

"Of course, of course, here you are..."

The Doctor held up his Physic paper for the guard to inspect. As the Alien read, his face went slowly from serious and guarded to suddenly surprised and a little embarrassed,

"Oh! Do forgive me, your majesties. Please, come right in."

"I'm John Smith, you're Julia Smith. We're the King and Queen of planet Bananana - don't ask I made it up." The Doctor whispered in Missy's ear.

"So I'm your Queen, am I?" She replied, smiling wickedly.

"It's just to get us in this place. Only royalty, celebrities, smart people allowed. I tried to book through the TARDIS as me, but obviously they'd never heard of me."