Chapter 3

I woke up to screaming. Really loud screaming. All of it right next to my ear.

"Shut up!" I yelled pulling the covers over my head.

"No! We're not the only new ones! We've got neighbors! Come on, come on! A new girl moved in with her father there and she's our age and... and we're totally going to be BFF's!" Jenna squealed.

"Shut. Up." I said curling into a ball under my covers.

"Get up! We have to greet them! It's 1 in the afternoon!" she yelled once again.

"No. Now let me sleep." I said closing my eyes.

"I'll throw away your punching bag." she said.

"No!" I said jumping out of bed.

"That's what I thought. Now, get dressed and please don't scare her away. We need to have a friend at school." she said walking out of the room with a sly grin.

When did she get bossy? Oh, who gives a crap. Mumbling to myself, I went over to my dresser and took out a sports bra and a pair of black track shorts. Putting on some no-see socks, I stuck my track shoes on. Finally ready to 'glam' myself up, I stepped out of my bedroom and walked to the bathroom where I met a mascara and eyeliner made Jenna. She also had on a black skirt with a pink shirt tucked into it. she had on black flats for shoes.

"I sure I won't be the one scarying her." I laughed shaking my head and running the brush through my white blond hair.

Taking the strait iron out, I straightened my bangs and putting my hair up into a ponytail. I nodded satisfied with my work.

"Your lucky you don't have to wear makeup. How'd you get the black eyelashes, but have blonde hair?" she asked, straightening her hair.

"Eh, I don't know. Comes in the genes I guess." I said ready to walk out of the door.

"Ah, ah Missy. What are you wearing that for?" Jenna stopped me. 

"Well, it seems that the nearest house isn't close, so I'm going to run there. You guys can take the car. It's way easier than me ridding in that flashy thing. Oh, that reminds me. I will not show up at school in that thing." I humphed and walked out the door down to the kitchen.

Ms. Cage was at the counter drinking coffee, wearing a pair of fitted jeans, a black t-shirt and some sandals. "Morning Ms. Cage." I said walking to the fridge that was quite empty, but there was some fruit. I picked up an apple and bit into it.

"Morning to you to, Briar. Ready to meet the neighbors?" she asked.

"Yeah. But I'm gonna run there, 'kay?" I asked.

"Oh, are you sure? They live a ways away..." she asked setting her coffee down.

"Yeah, I think I'll get my run in early." I said taking a couple more bits of my apple before throwing it away.

"Well, you better start now, we'll meet you there, okay, doll?" she said.

"'Kay Ms. Cage!" I yelled running out of the kitchen and up the stairs, grabbing my iPod and walking out the door.

Hm... let's see. I guess I'll listen to Falling in Reverse. Starting down the road I remembered. Where does she live? Turing around I jogged back up the front steps and opened the door.

"Where do our neighbors live?" I yelled out.

"Just keep going left till you find the first house!" Mr. Cage yelled back.

"'Kay!" I yelled going back out the door.

Starting again I started in a jog and soon went in an all out sprint.